Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Master

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Katt50

We're glad you trust us with your request and appreciate your concern in the matter. There was a known issue where the Nexus 6 was having voice related issues. Customers were reporting that some calls weren't going out and some incoming calls were going directly to voicemail. However, as of December 19, 2014, we've been updated and a fix has been released. Once the phone is upgraded to version LRX22C, the error disappears. I hope that answered your questions and if you have any other inquiries, we'll happily answer them.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Lux:

According to users in the following thread:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F179054&anchor=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fmessages%2F935795

Users are saying that the issues are NOT fixed. This is NOT just a Voicemail issues, there's multiple posts from people missing calls and sending multiple text messages. If you are saying that switching your phone to 3G only, that's really not a solution.

I don't think you really understand the problem, Lux. I am not going to use a upgrade for my current phone (LG G2) for a phone with issues. How about telling people the TRUTH. Every SprintCare rep has a different story on this issue.

Wizard

Hello, What they are not telling you is the the problem is NOT just a Motorola problem! Many other of the brands have had this issue! This IS a network issue and not exclusively a Nexus 6 issue!!! This IS a fixable issue. Like I said I fixed the issue on my Moto X and it works!!! Go on the forums of the major carriers and you will see that the issue of not receiving calls is happening to there too on many different phones!

Journeyman

The problem with duplicate text being sent is absolutely not fixed.

Master

Katt50,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was referring to a software update being released for the Nexus 6. This update eliminates the device malfunction that previously occurred.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Lux:

Your message is very confusing. Are you saying that there's an update coming that will fix this problem?

Master

JULIACLAIRE,

We understand how frustrating this issue is. We're listening to your concerns and we want you to know we're working on a fix. Once the problem is more accurately pinpointed, you will receive a maintenance repair that will correct the issue.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care
Master

Katt50,

Yes.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Now you have no excuse for getting one of the best smartphones out there!

Journeyman

Lorrie,

I'm sorry, but I am not going to bring my brand new phone into a Sprint center.  It would just be a waste of my time.  I'm pretty tech saavy, and given that I have the same problem that all these other users have described, I am convinced that it is the network and not my brand new week-old phone.  I'm surviving on 3G for now, but if this problem is not fixed, I may need to jump ship soon.

CN

Wizard

Good idea. The answers are out there and all we need to do is a little research! Problem solved. The tech monkeys in the stores haven't figured that out yet!!!

Wizard

When the fix is sent to phones and it's confirmed by people that it's working, then that will probably happen. I am happy with my Sprint service but concerned that devices that might not work with Sprint Spark. But, since there's a rumor Sprint is going to be one of the networks with Google's new phone service, you would expect them to find an answer.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat