cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Wizard

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Quite true but why are you arguing with us and not Sprint? Do you not have any common sense? LOL

GrandMaster

it might be deeper than that though..for all any of us know Sprint might be working with Motorola and nothing has been found..its not as if Sprint can jump out and say its being worked on and at what stage its in for testing or whatnot. since they are pure google devices im not even sure if Google themselves end up in the mix when it comes to a fix like this on a device made for them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If Sprint activated the phone, Sprint is responsible for the issue. They can refuse to activate, or they can recall the phone. However, they don't.

Do you work for Sprint? Why are you siding with Sprint when you don't even have a Nexus 6.

GrandMaster

one way to rule out if its a certain band would be to shut down one band at a time to see if its the one causing it or not..has anyone in here checked to see which bands theyre usually on while connected to wifi at home or work? 800? 1900? 2500?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

im using common sense in here..as pointed out by not only myself this issue is only really affecting the N6..if it were in fact something happening with the network then all the other spark devices out there from all the other manufacturers would have it happen to them as well..so that pretty much rules out it being the network...which leaves the phone itself...not that knowing this will help but at least its narrowed down to where the problem is more than likely coming from

one of the iphones was mentioned running into this and that i DO remember coming across in the forums..but it was fixed with another update being pushed to them by apple..

im a bit curious as to which band you guys/gals are connecting to though when seeing this..might not be the issue but you never know..could be one band that the phone is reading wrong that is causing it.

GrandMaster

out of curiosity how many of you have taken your phone into a sprint repair store to have them check and see if your phone was one of the affected ones that made it out to the general public? more than likely there will be a list of numbers or a range of numbers for the devices that would fall into this area and be replaced...how many of you already tried this?

Wizard

I don't have Sprint insurance and I wouldn't trust the fools in the repair centers in my area with a Nexus 6.

Wizard

My personal thoughts is that it's not fixable on the Sprint Spark network. I have no proof of it, just personal feeling. Sprint has told me that it's a problem being worked on by them and Motorola. Motorola is trying to find issues to fix it, including clearing the cache and wiping the device. They claim that there's no issues and it has to be my phone or Wi-Fi.

GrandMaster

you can call in and confirm or not as well. just make sure to mention there was a batch of N6's that were released with this issue and you want to see if yours is or isnt one of those.

GrandMaster

motorola or Sprint said that?

for something like this all they would need to do is confirm if its one of the affected batches or not. shouldnt need TEP for this though. i can ask around and see if this would give you any issues though if you want.

Wizard

Then they should be able to tell over the phone. I just refuse to deal with the dumb employees in my local repair centers.

Wizard

That was from Motorola. They also blamed third-party dialers, which I don't use anyway.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat