cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

shouldnt be to shocked lol. carriers usually blame the manufacturer and vice versa. in this case its for sure something on Motorolas side but theyre not going to jump out and say yup..my bad..our mess up

lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

someone might check up on this update and confirm that this is the only thing its adding in/fixing..there are times they dont fully include what all its doing so there is a slight ray of hope here.

Nexus 6 software update - version LMY48T

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hello. this has been going on for more than a year. We should be banning together and demanding discounts for services NOT rendered! Not Squabbling like a bunch of children!

GrandMaster

this is something you guys and gals need to hammer Motorola about..heck even complaints to google themselves about the phone would more than likely get a fire lit under the butts of M.

Wizard

Motorola may have provided the issue but Sprint is providing the service with the issue!!! it's discount time! Some day we will find great service? Yah right. LOL

Wizard

I am surprised that in all of this conversation we haven't heard from Sprint. they are probably reading all of these posts and sitting back and laughing their brains out at all of us!!! LOL

GrandMaster

not really. yall are posting in an area that is customer to customer..agents dont come into the dedicated device forums anymore..they now only answer questions in the customer service area. Sprint only provides the service..if what you have in your hand cant use it for whatever reason then how would that flack back onto sprint? im sure there is something going on behind the scenes with the N6 with both Sprint and Motorola..and possibly Google for that matter..but its not something any of us will know about until they announce a fix is coming. same ordeal with the LG G4 fiasco..all fingers are pointed at Sprint but Sprint didnt make the phone..that is all on LG.

Wizard

Your right Sprint didn't make the Nexus series phone but they provided the service with the issue for more than a year! That action makes them just as guilty!!!

GrandMaster

its your right to think this. . they provided service to a device that is unable to use it due to issues/defects. kind of like buying a car that wont start even though its got plenty of gas..is it the gases fault or the cars? the network is there..people are using it all around you guys..if anything Sprint needs to do a bit more heavy pushing on M to get the issue figured out.

i mentioned it before but how many of you actually took your device to a repair store or called in to have it checked to see if its one of the affected devices that was mentioned on the first page? i think it was said that roughly 1% of of the devices received from Motorola were affected..might not seem like a huge number but across the nation with as many people that purchased one? that is still a LOT of devices that made it out to the general public..which the phones are still getting replaced even after the 14 day return window due to this.

Wizard

You are right However Sprint is also guilty because they took an entire year to even admit there is a problem!!! You know it

GrandMaster

lol i wont agree to or deny that one..i have no clue how it goes between the carrier and the manufacturer when there is a issue..well i kind of do..but when it comes to a device made for google that is then put onto a carriers network..no idea how deep that one would go. would be interesting to know though..all of you also need to keep in mind that not all the N6's out there are having these issues..which could mean either yall are the ones that received that 1% OR the issues some of you are having arent the same as the issue being talked about in here..lets be honest..how many threads have you came across on this site that stuck to the original issue and didnt drift away due to someone popping in with a issue with the same device..but not the same issue that was originally posted? and from that point on its a mix match of issues making things even more confusing. i see it all the time in here.

im a bit curious as to how many of you with the issue purchased the phone from Sprint, Motorola or Google? was it only the first batches that were sent to S or was it the first batches sent out by M with this issue?

Journeyman

I somewhat agree with you, as far as loving many aspects of my N6. However, I am really wanting to

change to a phone that I can get reliable incoming phone calls - it costs me MONEY in lost work. By the way, I have had the problem, even while NOT on wifi. If economics is an issue with Sprint, they need get out of the phone business. If there are so few N6's, then, there should be no problem exchanging the phone, FREE OF CHARGE, for those few of us with the persistent problem. I am a long time faithful customer (15+ years), never missed a payment. Nowadays, I get more respect from businesses I have only recently dealt with!! When I call Sprint, or go into the store, they look at my account, say they appreciate my long time Sprint loyalty, that I am a "valued" customer, etc.. It's all downhill from there. There is 'lip service' - then, nothing. Truly bizarre.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat