cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 requires a nano sim, good luck getting Sprint to give you one

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 6 requires a nano sim, good luck getting Sprint to give you one

I have done on line chat with sprint international support, a couple times to get a sim for the nexus 6. They always send the right one. Just do a search for sprint international chat, and use that to order one. It is free unless you choose faster shipping. I have pre-ordered the nexus 6p. Hope that it takes the same sim.

Journeyman

Well, the saga finally ended with the Nexus 6, on the Sprint network, but not without a lot more time and pain and Sprint technicians telling me things like, "If you didn't get the phone from Sprint it won't work on our network." and "The iphone is the only phone that works on any network."  I finally got them to send me the correct SIM, entered the phone in their system but then it wouldn't activate.  Took about an hour talking to several different techs till I finally suggested maybe I should do a factory reset on the phone since it had so many different SIMs in it.  That did the trick.  It rebooted and activated.  All told it took about 10 hours of my time, not including the drive time to 5 different stores.

Journeyman

Hi seen your email you have to email corporate office and speack with higher level. I just recently activated a moto x pure edition 2015 had to try couple sim cards in store but worked and they activated it within 30 min. I recently did a Sprint Facebook chat for the new nexus6p and they are looking into it but same sim card should work from the moto x pure edition.

Journeyman

My phone was switched to Nexus 6 yesterday. Wasted almost 4 hours on phone with at least 7 customer 'care' reps. It is sad that no one seems to listen but wanted me to do what they have written in their book. Everyone told me 'No - you don't need a sim card' for Nexus 6 but after 30 minutes, they all transferred me to someone else without having the curtsy to actually connect me to the next rep. I end up explaining everything AGAIN after waiting in line. A quick google search brought me to this forum.

One rep was the best; I told her about 11 times that I don't have the sim this phone require, after 25 minutes she says, please insert the sim in your phone....

I don't care if my phone work at this point - but I want someone to pass my case and my call recordings / details to be sent to your training department so they can use is as a business case for future trainings. I would love to have a copy of all my phone calls from yesterday.

Going to Apple store is my best option to get this sim?

Wizard

Try contacting International Customer Support, they can get you the right Sim.

GrandMaster

why would you go to an apple store to get a sim card for a google device?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Galhotra,

We sincerely apologize for the previous inconvenience. Please allow us the opportunity to help you. Click here to send me a private message. Include your name, Sprint phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
GrandMaster

you can also call around and locate a sprint repair store and see if they have a replacement sim card that will work for you..i cant remember if the N6 needed a specific sim card or not..i know the 5X and 6P need a certain sim but cant remember if the N6 did or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat