ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS msg repeatedly sent to recepients

Journeyman

Re: SMS msg repeatedly sent to recepients

hey MATT_MANION - I pm'd them and their answer was to try and send me A NEW Nexus 6 - we all know it's not an equipment issue - it's a NETWORK issue -#LAME

Journeyman

these damn idiots are a joke i dont no how they have a job im thinking about just paying the phone off and the etf on my other lines and leaving this shitty company

Journeyman

I too am having the same issues as everyone here.  Unacceptable! 

Journeyman

djcgeez2189 -- That isn't the reason really. All Sprint Spark phones are single path and only have 1 antenna. This has been the case since the Galaxy S4T (the second version of the S4 released in the latter half of 2013, but not really distinguished in any way from the original). The S5 and Note 3 and Note 4 are also single path.

It does sound like there may be some issue with the Nexus 6 and eCSFB (the technology where it momentarily switches to 3G/CDMA to handle voice). But Verizon has been using the exact same technology for the same amount of time as Sprint, yet the problem does not occur there. There is also a rumor that SMS does not need to use eCSFB on Sprint and can take place entirely within LTE frames, meaning it wouldn't have to switch to 3G/CDMA. 

There is a misconfiguration somewhere on Sprint's network that is misreporting the status of whether an SMS has been sent or not. I can pull the relevant information from the Android system logs if necessary. The phone receives a signal that the SMS was not sent, so it waits and tries again. That's why it appears to be stuck sending.

The problem seems less likely to occur if I'm practically right next to a tower (signal lower than -80 db). If it's in the "normal" range of half bars (-90 db) then it's more likely to occur (about 50% of the time).

Journeyman

Thanks for the heads up, DDD1964.  I cannot fathom how they still are so clueless.  An even exchange for something comparable to the nexus (Note, maybe) would be fine for me assuming it worked.  I'll let you know if I have any luck.  I'm sure I won't!

Journeyman

I wish I would have read this thread before I purchased the Nexus 6 a few days ago. I started experiencing the multiple text issue right out of the box. I did the Android 5.01 update but it didn't resolve the issue either. After reading this thread and reading other internet published reports on this issue, it appears that this is Sprint specific here in the states. (It's happening in the Netherlands on another carrier.as well.) Luckily for me I'm still within my 14 day return window, I'm re-activating my broken S3 and taking my 3 phones elsewhere. This is just another failure on Sprint's part to keep me as a customer.

I want to wish all of you the best of luck getting this issue resolved.

Journeyman

This is just ridiculous at this point. I am no longer in contract and seriously considering switching. Anyone have thoughts on T-Mobile for this phone? I don't really want to pay more than I do now since I am on a SERO plan

Wizard

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F182042&anchor=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sprint.com%2Fbaw%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fmessages%2F925769

Look at the end of this thread and a reply from SprintCare rep Barry. Apparently, all Nexus 6 on Sprint will need to be replaced. Now, if they can actually do that.

Journeyman

I just spoke with a rep responding to my PM.  She didn't hear of the phone replacement that "Barry" mentioned, but did say to call the place you got your phone to see if they are aware of this.... um, yeah. 

She did however confirm this is a "known problem with Nexus 6", but insists the problem is with the phone - not their network.  She went on to say that Sprint and Motorola are working together, know what the problem is, but do not know how to fix the problem(s) yet -- therefore, no ETA!!!

Still some confusion with the reps not understanding these phones are straight android - not bloated up with carrier software, etc.

Also, no offers to compensate or otherwise reconcile the pain I and the others are experiencing.

Given this, and the other excellent information posted by others, I suspect Barry is throwing bones out there for us to chase (i.e. delay).  I still have a few days to take my phone back (I'm still in the 14-day window)...  I'll hold out to the last minute with a tiny glimmer of hope...

Journeyman

Just emailed Marcelo's CEO desk an received a call. Just as I thought sprint has no clue this is even a issue. She told me its also too late to swap phones because its past the 14 day return policy and there's nothing they can do until the company acknowledges a issue. The reps on his board and the 611 number are just lying to us. Just a heads up. I'm just gonna sell the phone and get a note even tho I hate to do that. 

Journeyman

I am posting this again, edited because the moderators at Sprint didn't like my original post.  I have no bad language in this post, I dare you to delete it again.

I too emailed and received a call except I had to reiterate the same thing I have both typed and spoken for the umpteenth time only to have her tell me she can't help me because the techs at that number can't access my account since it is a SERO account so now I have no idea if I am even getting a call back now from the right people. Way to treat your devoted customers Sprint! This is a great way to keep 9+ year customers staying with you...what a bunch of bull.

How many more times can new users say the exact same thing as hundreds of others for you to stop saying the same useless response to us. And get your reps all on the same page for gods sake. You've got some rogue rep, Melyssa, giving us all a bunch of nonsense responses and telling us to open tickets. This isn't our responsibility and it most certainly is not a case by case issue. Every Nexus 6 on Sprint has this issue. End of story. The variable here is your underwhelming network that is incapable of doing what every other carrier seems to tackle without a sweat.

Make a darn public statement, tell us what the actual problem is and how you are going to compensate us. Heck, I'm sure if you told us what the problem was someone in the user community that doesn't even work for you could come up with a fix. Why not put it out there so you stop looking so bad. Clearly your team has no clue if it has already been 2+ months on a showstopper network bug and nothing has been done at all. Terrible and unacceptable!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol .. Welcome to club bud .. My posts been deleted cuz they can't stand people telling the truth about thier shitty service and bad customer service ..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat