cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi + LTE = No Calls

Wizard

Wi-Fi + LTE = No Calls

Since Sprint has locked the other thread on this, let's start a new one! If you are on Wi-Fi and LTE at the same time, you won't get calls. This happens on the areas that have gotten Network Upgrades. All I get from Sprint is that we are working on it. Personally, since it's been a year, I doubt that they'll never be a solution. This is the last straw from Sprint, I'll be paying off my device and then on to a different carrier.

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: Wi-Fi + LTE = No Calls

its weird that its only affecting the N6 though. this one has always been a oddball to me.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

How exactly are you WiFi and LTE at same time

Wizard

Actually, I'm not. But if I'm using Wi-Fi and preferred is set to LTE, my phone doesn't ring and the calls go though to Voicemail. I know that it shouldn't effect it but it does.

GrandMaster

not the same phone but oddly enough when im at home my phone will show both wifi and either LTE or 3G at the top. this is on the HTC One M9.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

so the issue was figured out but no word on a fix. i got this from another poster that can explain a bit deeper but the gist of it is the phone isnt able to switch from LTE down to 3G for the calls while wifi is enabled. its a known phone issue by motorola but nothing has been done about it as of yet.

MROGRS

he can explain it in more detail..i just nut shelled it lol.

Highlighted
Wizard

Well, in a nutshell covers it but the long story is, the Spark network required eCSFB to route voice calls to our device when on LTE.  See as if it's just the N6 having these issues and it's widespread, I feel like this is Motorola issue and Sprint can't do much to fix that BUT I don't work for either/or and can only speculate.

Katt50, do the other Tri-band devices you have drop down and get calls in the exact same places as the N6 when it will not? I don't know if you have another tri-band device to test this with but if you do, doing that test should eliminate the network from the equation.  Another question, can you replicate this issue everywhere that you go? If so, I think you could also eliminate the network as the issue. Perhaps go to a Sprint store and show them while connected to their Wifi + LTE???  I know that new Network Vision areas/towers have to be configured for the eCSFB to work and it usually takes a little bit to happen BUT I don't think that is what is going on, just something of note.

Given that it only happens when you're on WiFi + LTE, it seems like Motorola software/radio issue but why they haven't corrected, after this long, is beyond me.  Sorry you're still dealing with this man.

Wizard

I only have one Sprint phone so that's not a option. Yes, it happens everywhere locally, even before I had Wi-Fi at home. My local stores are filled with clueless idiots so that's not a option. I've talked to Motorola a few times but they blame Sprint and Google. Wiping isn't a solution. I can live with it, but it's annoying. Leaving Sprint for Project Fi when this phone is paid off because I don't need the unlimited data anymore with Wi-Fi at home.

GrandMaster

hrm..if you use a low amount of data (1GB or less per billing cycle) there is supposed to be a new plan out that is pretty cheap.  from what i understand if you go over that 1GB of data it just throttles you to 2G until the billing cycle resets. i use WAY more than that per billing cycle but i can see a ton of people being able to use this if they dont use much data because they are at work or home on wifi more often than not. i can try to locate some more info on it if you want.

GrandMaster

meh. found the link anyways...not a bad idea actually on Sprints part.

Sprint Gives Customers Choices with New $20 Unlimited Starter Pack Plan | Sprint Newsroom

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat