cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Toasting in epic bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooot!!!

Journeyman

Is there an ETA when this should be available to in the system updates. I checked and my phone still says that it is up to date at 2.3.7.

Journeyman

Hey Korey,

Thanks man i downloaded your version last week but quick question. The leaked version you posted is the same as the OTA right? Mine is working great and i really dont want to flash back to gingerbread and wait for the "OFFICIAL" OTA from Sprint. Let me know what you think.

E

Journeyman

Both should be the exact same

Journeyman

Yes, they are identical. If you loaded my leaked version over the past fews days you already have what was announced here. So no need to roll back to GB and update OTA

Journeyman

You give the Nexus S 4G the ICS 4.0.4 update before the Galaxy S 2, come on!!! I thought the Epic 4G Touch was the flagship Phone... And this is how we're treated...!?! WOW Sprint... Really, Wow!!!

Master

If your leaked version is not an official signed version it may disable the ability to do any future OTA upgrades.

Korey_Nicholson wrote:

Yes, they are identical. If you loaded my leaked version over the past fews days you already have what was announced here. So no need to roll back to GB and update OTA

Wizard

dscott5683 wrote:

You give the Nexus S 4G the ICS 4.0.4 update before the Galaxy S 2, come on!!! I thought the Epic 4G Touch was the flagship Phone... And this is how we're treated...!?! WOW Sprint... Really, Wow!!!

Sprint does not decide which gets the update first. That starts with the manufacturer. The Nexus, being pure Google with no manufacturer or carrier software loaded on it, is much easier to update the software on.

Wizard

mrinterweb wrote:

Is there an ETA when this should be available to in the system updates. I checked and my phone still says that it is up to date at 2.3.7.

Updates are pushed out over a few weeks. Your phone will get a notification when it is its turn.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whatever made you think that the Galaxy S 2 phone was the flagship phone? Unless the phone has Nexus in its name then it is not an Android phone running 100% pure stock Android and will generally not be among the first to get new Android OS updates. I'm not saying this is always true, but the Nexus phones are the ones that are supposed to be first. The Galaxy S 2 phone's updates are heavily customized by Sprint and Samsung. It has TouchWiz and Sprint has to decide if they want to add any bloatware to the phone. The Nexus S 4G's updates come directly from Google. Sprint has no say in what Google does to the OS on the NS4G phone. Sprint and Samsung simply provide the hardware drivers to Google, nothing more.

Journeyman

Exactly. Tardy or nonexistent updates (and the horrible, non-erasable bloatware) is why I'll never buy another non-Nexus Android phone. Going to Amazon now to order the Nexus S 4G for $50 (since I'm out of contract!):  http://wireless.amazon.com/?tag=battleforthew-20

Journeyman

did anyone get the update yet for their nexus

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat