ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

D720SPRKH1

Journeyman

Most people on XDA are using the leaked 4.0.4 build, they don't have the OTA either.

Does this mean that we can simply flash the 4.0.4 build and have the OTA that way?

Journeyman

Did the OTA wipe out all the contents of the phone like the leaked version does?

Journeyman

BigSTLCardsFan, KH1? Really? mmm, if you can, could you post a screenshot of your About Phone page. You can take a screenshot in ICS by pressing power + Volume Down for a few secs.

Journeyman

I'm interesting in knowing the appropriate baseband for those who have already recieved the update.

On the leaked version I am currently running D720SPRLC1

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes i am on leaked version and running

D720SPRLC1 as well....i guess the leaked and final version have a different label for the radio. i am very content wiht the signal and have experienced zero signal issues so i will probably not try to flash the different radio...

Journeyman

Although the signal increased noticably I am still skeptical about the leaked version being exactly the same and the sprint OTA release and will probably wait for the OTA.

Unless someone can convince me the leak is exactly the same as the sprint OTA and will receieve future OTA updates

Journeyman

Is the OTA for real? I haven't heard of anybody getting it.

Journeyman

I am also skeptical about them being the same, so I'm running the leaked until I know that the OTA is rolling out. Then I will go back and update via OTA. I'd rather be on ICS leaked now than to be on GB playing the waiting game once again.

Wizard

R.Dodger wrote:

Most people on XDA are using the leaked 4.0.4 build, they don't have the OTA either.

Does this mean that we can simply flash the 4.0.4 build and have the OTA that way?

No, I was referring to people who are running stock roms and are getting the official notification from Google for the update.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

Shane,

I believe they are the same thing but some people think differently. Could you please clarify this.

Checking for updates via settings. Is *#*#2432546#*#* the same thing?

Journeyman

Ahhh! Okay, thank you.

GoogleHurtado: They're not the same thing. They have different basebands.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat