Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder
- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- Android Beam allows two NFC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more
- Software version is: IMM76D
- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update
- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period. Device selection is random
- Refer to the Samsung Nexus S Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - fixed NFC typo
maybe if i would have went with the tmobile nexus i probably wouldnt have to worry about all this. PURE GOOGLE EXPERINENCE "YEAH RIGHT" pure bad experience thats about right
Its amazing how I call sprint and no one knows what I am talking about OR the calls mysteriously disconnect. Im getting so tired of sprint, lack of communication and the customer service sucks. only reason i stay is because they have the best plans out right now. ughhh
I believe they are the same thing but some people think differently. Could you please clarify this.
Checking for updates via settings. Is *#*#2432546#*#* the same thing?
It's a little different, but either way if your device's signature is not eligible it will still not get the update. Google randomly selects devices to receive the OTA.
Don't you mean Sprint randomly selects devices? I would think if Google were pushing actual updates it wouldn't take a month to do all of them.
Has anyone actually seen an OTA update yet? IMO Sprint isn't don't themselves any publicity favors. First they give no communication, then they send out a message saying its rolling out now, yet I haven't seen anyone post that they have gotten it yet (of course I may have missed it somewhere).
It seems to me they could have spent a little time preparing for the upgrade period since they had an extra few months to think about it. Very disappointed in their so called "engineering".
So it looks like something is up. JBQ is not getting all the approvals needed to release the Factory Images for ns4g ICS 4.0.4 yet. I remember when the sojua (ATT Nexus S) OTA went live, the images were posted 2 days after....