cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

I just cleared my services framework, powered down, pulled battery, checked for updates and recived mine as well. Im located in St. Louis. Its downloading now. (about time! ^_^)

Journeyman

I powered down and restarted. Everything is smooth as silk now. Battery life seems to be amazing as well. The keyboard is 100% more accurate as well. Very pleased. So far seems to definitely be the best version of Android yet.

Journeyman

I still notice no improvement with reception.  My wife with HTC Evo has 5 bars of reception and I have 1. Scrolling up and down and side to side seems real laggy. Anybody else notice the scrolling issues.

Journeyman

Just updated using your video.  Thank you!  So far it works great and am impressed with ICS so far.

Journeyman

I just got the Update.  Thanks Sprint its great!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@t2green01 - Since the upgrade to ICS I typically have zero bars of reception. My NS4G phone still says I'm on 3G though and web browsing is blistering fast with the stock ICS web browser so it appears to be a cosmetic issue.

Journeyman

Btw, when is the NS4G phone getting Android 5.0?

Journeyman

- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys

THIS is NOT an improvement.  Redundancy is waste.  How do I delete these 5 icons form all screens?

While you are at ut hwo do I delete the google serach bar at the top of all screens?

Why is it that programmers think they know better how my screens shoudl look than I do????

Journeyman

u can just drag and drop the icons...except app drawer icon in the center. a lot of people wanted this feature in gB guess u cant make everyone happy. search bar is useless but it's not really that obtrusive..

Journeyman

It si VERY obtusive.  It clutters EVERY screen.  How do I delete it?  Betetr yet hwo do I go back to the previos version of Android?  It was MUCH cleaner and easier to use in many areas.  mail for example.  On previosu verison, when I tapped the mail icon, a list of all my email accouts came up as the main mail screen.  i could easily read mail from each account.  Now it looks like the in box for the primary mail cmes up and it is a pain [...] to find the otehr mail accoutns and check mail.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

What does clearing the cache/resetting the Google Services Framework actually do?  What data/settings are lost?

Journeyman

Why is the option to add an accoung, Facebook, in the new People app there if it does not work?  This seems a bit strange.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat