Most of what u are describing are not due to ICS.
1. Sounds like u got fixed.
2. Is a Google voice setting which u can access by going to voice.google.com and u can still listen to your voice mails by bringing up the Google voice app on ur phone
3. Is another google voice setting which can be adjusted at voice.google.com
4. You can change the font size in settings > accessibility > large text check box
The real issue I see here is that for some reason your sprint number was set up to be a google voice number, or if it already was some default settings were some how reset.
I have not, Most people that I've been discussing the update with say they notice no difference in signal, and a few say it's improved, since you are saying it's not as good as it was I will offer this back to the software developers to see if something can be done about this.
your problem is that once you installed ICS you opened the google voice app and when it asked if you wanted to integrate your sprint number and google voice number, you said YES instead of hitting 'skip'. i did this in the past also. the way to fix this is by logging into your google voice account at google.com/voice, go into settings and make it so that your sprint number and google number are not merged. this should take care of everything you listed like having to press 1 to accept calls, having the voicemail transcribed.
the text is definitely much smaller and harder to read on ICS but you can change it to large text as menacekop mentioned in the post above mine. the reason the sprint employees couldn't fix your problem is because even if you hard reset your phone your google number and sprint number are still merged and can only be merged if you log into your google voice account and separate them. my suggestion is that after you do this, simply uninstall google voice from your phones and you should be fine.
Thank you!!! I followed yr suggestions and have resolved the issues with both phones. I can't believe what an easy fix it was (it took only a few minutes) when after 5 hours at Sprint I was told nothing could be done to fix them.
Appreciate it. I'd be happy to help with some analysis if there are some tools that could be used.
Let me know how I can help.
I sure will if they ask for more information, thank you. Chris.
@RC1024, if you're looking for feedback from people who are having trouble with the ICS upgrade, please let me give you a few things to take back to the developers. Some may have already been mentioned, but since I keep seeing responses about how "no one has complained," I want to make sure that SOMEONE has complained.
- Since the upgrade, my phone suddenly drains the battery in a matter of a few hours, where I used to have nearly a full battery at the end of each day. Before anyone jumps in - no, I don't have any wallpapers or other animated apps that need to be shut off, and yes - I always turn the screen off manually instead of waiting for it to go to sleep. It's not roaming and I don't have the 4G turned on. I haven't changed settings or added applications and the very few things that run on my phone are used so infrequently they shouldn't be draining the power like this, especially when it never happened before. I simply want a phone I can use to make or accept a call and check my email once in awhile. Guess that's now too much to ask.
- My signal is worse - much worse. I now have have to walk around in circles in my building hoping for a teeny, tiny bit of a signal or just get in my car and drive away from the office to get a signal. I am in a major metro area and work in a place where I was somehow able to get a signal BEFORE the update but not now.
- The instructions in the help file on my phone are apparently for another model of phone. I read and re-read several sections of the instructions trying to find out how to fix the obnoxious changes in settings, only to find that nothing I was told to do worked. Menu options did not exist where the instructions said they would be. Nice touch.
- In some functions, there is no way to use Caps Lock. Kind of a minor thing when my phone battery can't last until lunch or get a signal anyway, but I thought I'd mention it.
My only real issue is that it takes forever to make a phone call. So, if I selected a person from my contacts or favorites, it takes at least 10 seconds to get it to dial. Often, not thinking that the phone has dialed, I push the name again. Only then, I find that the calls have "merged" as if I was doing a 3 way call.
Otherwise, no meaningful issues. It does seem like it takes longer to charge, but usage is about the same.
ICS is TERRIBLE for my Google S. I have already commented at electronic review sights. My thoughts are simple. Whomever came up the OS should get fired. My $500 phone is trashed!
1. POWER CONSUMPTION IS OFF THE CHARTS
2. Signals levels seem less than normal, including WiFi in my house!
3. Can't tell if my I am in Bluetooth mode at a glance, while driving on the phone!
4. When initiating Phone mode the Phone pad always pops up. Why not the last phone function I used!?! ( LIKE IT WAS)
5. What happened to my Google Voice shortcut?
6. What's with hard Google search field? I already move the original to an adjacent page. Didn't want it on my home window.
7. Everytime I turn on my phone, the battery is at 95%.
I called SPRINT, they said they be able to revert the phone back to the earlier OS.
The ICE lay out doesn't impress me either.
It's a phone first, otherwise I don't need it.
I hope this information helps.