cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Wizard

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D  (Android 4.0 -  Ice Cream Sandwich)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).   

- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys

- Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps

- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key

- Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder

- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down  notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device

- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close  apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs

- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage

- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed

- Android Beam allows two NFC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more

Important Notes:

- Software version is: IMM76D

- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period. Device selection is random

- Refer to the Samsung Nexus S Software Update blog for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - fixed NFC typo

190 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Hey, I leaked this a few days ago. Good thing you guys finally caught up

Journeyman

Shouldn't that last entry say "two NFC enabled devices" instead of "NRC"?

Folks, try the checkin tool on your dialer. Launch the dialer, and then enter *#*#2432546#*#* and then look for updates from the system menu.

Journeyman

Thank you Sprint finally..  Does this mean they will start pushing the update out little by little, some of us may have it before Easter? 

Journeyman

It's about freaking time. It only took 111 days to get this thing ready for us from the December 16, 2011 rollout to other Nexus devices. But hey who's keeping count? At least we're getting it.

Journeyman

"Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed"

Zoom on the camera? Nice.

"Check in" never works for me. It did work when I was with TerribleMobile.

Journeyman

This is hysterical. I decided to quit waiting and loaded 4.04 to my phone last night. Do I need to do anything now like reset it to GB and then update via OTA? Or am I good. I haven't noticed any issues except my phone battery lasts longer and the radio is much better. You seemed like the right person to ask and any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Journeyman

Can you post the link to download the .apk file for those of us who want to update it ourselves?

Journeyman

eli2410 wrote:

Can you post the link to download the .apk file for those of us who want to update it ourselves?

this.  a reputable dl link would be sweet.

Journeyman

eli2410 wrote:

If you believe the update comes in the form of an .apk file, you may want to reconsidered updating your phone yourself.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.