cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

After a day of use I have to say I am very pleased. I am getting better reception (I don't have 4G where I am, so no comment there), the phone is quicker, very stable and the battery is lasting quite a long time. I have to say I am impressed. I also really like the Roboto font type, very clean and easy to read. The Gmail app is way better as well. Chrome is my new browser on my phone and it works great. I don't know about some of the issues people are stating on here, but I don't have any of them. Kudos Google, it took forever but I am glad you did it right the first time with NS4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My OTA update just started!  Request/info came late in the day.  4:00pm EDT.

Immediate reboot request - check

Unloading installation package (aparently was already downlioaded)  -check (5 min)

Auto reboot - check

Immediate ****-a-delic graphics - check (3 min)

Installing and optomizing 1 to 64 applications  - check (5 min)

Download and apply auto updates - (8 min)

AVersion 4.0.4

Base band  D720SPRLC1

BUILD IMM76D

Wed 11 April 2012 - Ohio

Percentage Happy - 110%

Highlighted
Master

PCZero

You have been reported by community members for posting the same information in several threads. This is against the Community Guidelines and repeated abuse of this is a bannable offense, therefore I will be monitoring your future posts for a duration of time.. Please review these guidelines before posting again.

mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

only when I go to certain applications my phone will rotate but other than that it won't and I was wondering if anybody else was having an issue with this pretty much the down low as pretty fast um I was shocked is are in the bay area but overall I love it so far

Highlighted
Journeyman

so i got notification of my update this morning. let it download, reboot for an install, it was back at the root screen showing the android plus a box unpacking...5 minutes later it had the same android guy then with an exclamation point with the triangle around it!

had to pull the battery in order to get it to reboot...now it says my device is up to date and still running 2.3.7!

did this happen to anybody else? should i just wait for the update to start again on its own? is there a command i can run to force the update? i checked around to see if an install package of sorts was saved but found nothing.

thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

First things first I have 2 nexus s 4g phones one of them got the update which I am finally happy to get but why did the second phone on my account not get it!!!! I was lied to at the sprint store when I bought this phone about 1. The rebate which was no longer Eligable for and all sprint had to say about that was sorry better luck next time no resolve and 2. The lied about this phone being the first to get ics not only did it not get it first on the network it took over 6 months for it to roll out. The big picture here though is I was lied to by sprint I feel something should be done about this I want the other phone my account to get the Danm update I am very disappointed with sprint on this I expected more from them love the service hate the customer service. If one danm phone gets the update on a account both should get it!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why not just manually update it? Just follow this video and you're good to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfv8-lTnak

Highlighted
Journeyman

I shouldn't have to do a manual update my problem is sprint did not hold up to there promise. My biggest problem is if one phone on an account get ics 4.0.4 shouldn't both phones?  Besides I'm not to fond of .apk or. Ask whatever you call em if anyone will be doing that to my phone I will let it be a sprint tech themselves.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still waiting for instructions on how to DOWNGRADE back to 2.3.7 which is FAR superior to the new version.  This new version was FORCED onto my phne without any approval by me and it is HORRIBLE.  My phone is extremely awkward to use now and not only are half of my apps gone, but using anything on the phone is very cumbersome.  Please advise how I can get this crap off of my phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just follow this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdo8xfr-FvY

It will erase all your apps contacts ETC.... so just a heads up. I dont THINK it touches the Internal SD

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried but I have two issues.  1) I cant find the link to the downlaod.  2) The Volume Up - Power thing does not work on my phone.  It just turns on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mapesy I am trying to get a reply.  Just as others are expressing their views in the threads I am as well.  Please address my questions so I can move on!  Thanks...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat