cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Rich ... which lock screen method are you using. Pattern and Keypad? I'm using the keypad (digits) and I cannot do anything without first unlocking. Thanks!

Journeyman

@StvnM

I'm not using a security lock on my phone. So under settings, security, screen lock, mine is just set at slide.  Although I should probably use a security screen because my life is on my phone, but hey that's life on the edge right? I never said it was smart just convenient. But if you have a security lock on your phone to protect your privacy the phone wont let anyone see your messages from your lock screen because then they wouldn't be very secured.

Anyway I hope I helped?

Journeyman

qbking7 wrote:

You're welcome! Happy to help.

Here's my take on the new update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOAtmSHqGE&list=PLCB2387B9E7BAD6B3&index=55&feature=plpp_video

@StvnM

Also qbking7's video on youtube is a really good run down on the system he also explains in there about the lock screen and security with the notifications.  Plus I learned one thing in there I didn't know you may just want to check it out?

Journeyman

Thanks Rich. That makes sense .... Cheers

Journeyman

Thanks!

Journeyman

I have 2 Nexus S 4G's, one I did the leak of ICS back in January, then I did the latest leak'd build a week before the OTA started, the other phone was OTA updated. Both are running great, the only difference, one has unlocked boot loader the other does not, everything else about the two updates appear to be the same.

Journeyman

I recently just recieved the update, and like most on this forum i like the changes so far. I do however have some hiccups, i have been experiencing problems with some of the games on my phone, force closes mostly. so far it is only two and they are gameloft titles backstab and modern combat 3 (which i have found out thru thier forums this is happening to several other devices with ics.). The other games that i have run fine for now (non gameloft product). My only other gripe is that it seems the text limit for the native messenging app still remains from gingerbread. I was wondering if there was a way to split text messeges without having to manually do, or by downloading another sms app? I looked in the options menu and could not find it.

Journeyman

I have had many problems with ICS 4.0.4 since it was pushed to me a few days ago.  The phone tends to randomly reboot multiple times while idle (thankfully) for no apparent reason.  Any issues with the update to report?  Links?

Journeyman

Upgraded 4 days ago and noticed some problems. 

1 Battery life less then before. Cannot find and more drain from misbehaving apps to cause this.see #4

2 Google voice search erased so it is missing and cannot be downloaded.

3 Supposed to have face unlock but doesn't seem to be in ICS

4 Some apps had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work properly and not use as much battery drain (still battery is running down faster then before   upgrade)

5 Cannot get Camera to work with lock screen or messages.

6 Dialer problem no longer can phone with one touch my favorites.

7 Now the lag time is much higher then before, it operates much slower.  (This is a severe problem)

8 Doesn't always find contact in search.  Contacts screen is less informative,

I waited for this upgrade only to be disappointed for the most part.  Battery life has been a serious problem and stil is unchecked.  Contacts stil is not well designed and not good for businesses. Speed was not there before and is now slower.

Journeyman

@rsb711

For your battery life, what do you have checked in your settings. I noticed that my battery life was pretty poor until i went in to location services and unchecked google's location service and location and google search. I left gps on because it is only used when i go into apps such as places or maps. I still have auto sync, and background data on and with normal use i can get 12-17 hrs. of battery.

Face unlock is not going to be on the nexus s because the front facing camera is not as good as the one on the galaxy nexus. As for google voice search, the app icon is erased but thats because you can now access by touching the mic in the permanent google search widget that is at the very top of your home screen or by pressing and holding the search button on your phone.

In contacts I have noticed all the fields (such as email address and organization) will not show unless they are put in when you edit a contact. ie: if you have only a persons phone number, that is all you are going to see. I did notice that all fields (at least for me) have not transfered such as contacts addresses. As far as search i did find that if you are searching for a contact that has a title such as Dr. or Mr., you wont be able to find them in the search (which i thought was kinda weird). Instead you will have to use there actually name. For example on of my contacts is my doctor, when i put in the search Dr i get only names with dr in them, but when i put Wheeler, she comes right up.

I only had to reinstall to apps so far (only because the supposed update support for ics weren't working).

As far as the phone being slower, i noticed a significant improvement in speed, and i have widgets running on all four of my home screens, i leave the fifth screen blank though. I have heard of some people having problem with speed and hopefully if people send enough error reports google will fix that in a timely manner.

The only problem that i have really noticed other than some apps misbehaving, is that if my phone is turned on for a while 8hrs+ and i go into settings and under data usage press more, the screen will go black and not responding menu comes up. So i have to do a reboot and then that option works fine again. Hopefully they will fix this random bug (thats if i am not the only one that notices it).

I hope you find this helpful and hopefully google will get those problems fixed for you.

Journeyman

Since the update my phone has been stuck in landscaping mode, I called sprint to see if something could be done. The girl named Jasmine said I would have to wipe my phone to correct the issue..... well I've been waiting for  my 30 minute call back for TWO days now... So i took it upon myself and wipe my phone. However, that's only a temporary fix. As soon as I power my phone down and its powered back up, its in landscaping mode all over again! Is anyone else having this problem? Or knows a solution... this is so frustrating.

Journeyman

will this update be pushed to the Galaxy s 2 epic 4g touch are is it just for galaxy s ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat