cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

R.Dodger: Thanks for the feedback but I was referring to the method being used to check for updates, *#*# code vs Check for System Update.

Journeyman

maybe if i would have went with the tmobile nexus i probably wouldnt have to worry about all this. PURE GOOGLE EXPERINENCE "YEAH RIGHT" pure bad experience thats about right

Journeyman

Its amazing how I call sprint and no one knows what I am talking about OR the calls mysteriously disconnect. Im getting so tired of sprint, lack of communication and the customer service sucks. only reason i stay is because they have the best plans out right now. ughhh

Wizard

GoogleHurtado wrote:

Shane,

I believe they are the same thing but some people think differently. Could you please clarify this.

Checking for updates via settings. Is *#*#2432546#*#* the same thing?

It's a little different, but either way if your device's signature is not eligible it will still not get the update. Google randomly selects devices to receive the OTA.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

You realize that you are posting a conversation you had with a Bot right?

Master

LOL, There are actually real people behind Sprint Chat, They are not Bots.

SK1WIN wrote:

You realize that you are posting a conversation you had with a Bot right?

Journeyman

Don't you mean Sprint randomly selects devices? I would think if Google were pushing actual updates it wouldn't take a month to do all of them.

Has anyone actually seen an OTA update yet?  IMO Sprint isn't don't themselves any publicity favors. First they give no communication, then they send out a message saying its rolling out now, yet I haven't seen anyone post that they have gotten it yet (of course I may have missed it somewhere).

It seems to me they could have spent a little time preparing for the upgrade period since they had an extra few months to think about it. Very disappointed in their so called "engineering".

Journeyman

I have not heard of anyone getting the update either. When someone gets the OTA, please do us a favor and post on here that you recieved it.

Journeyman

So it looks like something is up. JBQ is not getting all the approvals needed to release the Factory Images for ns4g ICS 4.0.4 yet. I remember when the sojua (ATT Nexus S) OTA went live, the images were posted 2 days after....

Journeyman

So, I do not want to sound dumb, however I do want to learn. What is JBQ? Or, maybe I should ask ... who? And what "approvals" should be given?

Jake

Journeyman

I don't know, but it's not Junior Bible Quiz.

Journeyman

Here you are: https://twitter.com/#!/jbqueru

He works on android open source at google.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat