cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

Journeyman

Re: 4/5 - Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)

I also cleared the Google Services Framework and pulled the battery and after I restarted my phone the update started right away!!! Woot!!!

Journeyman

Cleared framework, removed battery and let it sit for a few minutes, powered back up, did checkin, and it's downloading now!
Journeyman

I came home and did the checkin on my wifes phone and it started downloading and upgraded without issue. All of her settings were still intact as they should be. For those wondering, my own phone is using the most recently leaked ROM. I checked the Baseband version and the Kernel version and verified they match. If you are using the leaked version and think you will have to downgrade to GB to then get the current upgrade, it doesn't look like you will need to.

Journeyman

I got the update this afternoon as well.  Everything went smoothly, all my apps are still there and most kept thier settings except for the widgets that changed.  I have been using ICS on my tablet for a couple months, and it is great to finally have it on my phone as well!  I do miss the green live wallpaper though

Journeyman

This worked for me:

"Go to settings->applications->manage applications click "all" tab
Scroll down to "Google Services Framework", click it
Then select "clear data"
You get a warning saying something about files get lost

Now try and go to settings->about phone->system updates - check for updates, it should pop right up"

I got the instructions from here and cleaned them up a little bit for exactly what I did.

http://phandroid.com/2012/04/10/manually-update-your-nexus-s-4g-to-ice-cream-sandwich-how-to/

Journeyman

I got impatient and installed the image from the Android developer site. Took 10 minutes and it runs great. Most fantastic feature that I didn't know about: Unlock to camera.

Master

I tried this on my Nexus, but there isn't a "check for updates" option like with other Androids. 

"Now try and go to settings->about phone->system updates - check for updates, it should pop right up" After clearing the Google Services Framework, my system updates is still showing, "Your system is currently up to date." 

Still waiting I guess. 

Tom

Message was edited by: tomdeaver ~ Even the *#*#2432546#*#* didn't help either. 

Journeyman

Yeah, I just got the OTA upgrade to 4.0.4 as well. Located in SoCal.

My NS4G ran a bit slow for 10 mins after upgrade was complete, but its back to speed now, and all looks good!

Journeyman

My NS4G is running slow after the update. I am going to power down then restart to see if that helps. But pretty laggy at the moment.

Journeyman

Cleared my services framework and got my OTA as well.  Located in MD.

Everything seems pretty snappy.  No real change in signal strength in my opinion. 

Hopefully I can remove the search bar on top and customize the buttons...finally!

Journeyman

This video will show you how to Manually update your Nexus s 4g to the OTA of ICS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfv8-lTnak

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - this is not a Sprint or Google recommended approach.  Use at your own risk.

Journeyman

I just received the official update and my phone is Nexus S 4g is running fine. I had the leaked version since it came out in FEB and this one is quite a bit more stable. Anyway thought you all might want to know.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat