7/25 - Nexus S Maintenance Release - GRJ90
- Enables NFC (Near Field Communication) Secure Element in preparation to support secure transactions
- Improved WiFi connectivity, speaker phone audio quality, and 4G acquisition and throughput
- Updated signal strength display indicators
- Fixes error code 67 when making account changes
- Adds TTY support
- Software version is: GRJ90
- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update.
- Refer to the Samsung Nexus S Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed title to Software Update instead of Maintenance Release
Isn't it odd that Sprint is sending out a maintence release for a reception problem they keep saying doesn't exist?
You were in the discussion for Signal Issues with Nexus S, you must not read all the other comments, because there were plenty of posts (including mine) that noted Sprint knowing and working with Samsung on a fix which is now coming out. Just saying......
I bought a Nexus S for my wife, then returned it for another EVO because of my signal issues. I liked the phone, I just couldn't use it, and I wasn't willing to wait forever on a fix.. The EVO 4G update to 2.3.3 didn't go so well for us. It caused a whole lot of issues that weren't there before, that's why I have an EVO 3D now. Maybe this update for your Nexus will go as planned, since you don't have to upgrade to a whole new Android OS etc. I sincerely hope it fixes everything for all of you that have stuck it out with this phone. It is a nice phone, as long as they get things working like you expect it to work, and not to mention, pay for. Good luck to all!
I'm definitely bookmarking this forum because I'm very interested to see how this goes. After the 2.3 update for the EVO, I really hope to see these guy's update go smooth. I'm hoping it does and it means that the EVO update was just a fluke of bad luck. Otherwise, it scares me to update my phone anymore. I need a little bit of reassurance for the next update that comes along for my own phone.