Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/25 - Nexus S Software Update - GRJ90

Wizard

7/25 - Nexus S Software Update - GRJ90

7/25 - Nexus S Maintenance Release - GRJ90

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Enables NFC (Near Field Communication) Secure Element in preparation to support secure transactions

- Improved WiFi connectivity, speaker phone audio quality, and 4G acquisition and throughput 

- Updated signal strength display indicators

- Fixes error code 67 when making account changes

- Adds TTY support

Important Notes:

- Software version is: GRJ90

- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update.

- Refer to the Samsung Nexus S Software Update blog for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - changed title to Software Update instead of Maintenance Release

96 REPLIES
Journeyman

will this be android 2.3.5?

Journeyman

Will the OTA update install if you have the stock ROM, but have your phone unlocked ("rooted")?

Journeyman

Isn't it odd that Sprint is sending out a maintence release for a reception problem they keep saying doesn't exist? 

Journeyman

You were in the discussion for Signal Issues with Nexus S, you must not read all the other comments, because there were plenty of posts (including mine) that noted Sprint knowing and working with Samsung on a fix which is now coming out.  Just saying......

Wizard

I bought a Nexus S for my wife, then returned it for another EVO because of my signal issues.  I liked the phone, I just couldn't use it, and I wasn't willing to wait forever on a fix..  The EVO 4G update to 2.3.3 didn't go so well for us.  It caused a whole lot of issues that weren't there before, that's why I have an EVO 3D now.  Maybe this update for your Nexus will go as planned, since you don't have to upgrade to a whole new Android OS etc.  I sincerely hope it fixes everything for all of you that have stuck it out with this phone.  It is a nice phone, as long as they get things working like you expect it to work, and not to mention, pay for. Good luck to all!

Wizard

I'm definitely bookmarking this forum because I'm very interested to see how this goes.  After the 2.3 update for the EVO, I really hope to see these guy's update go smooth.  I'm hoping it does and it means that the EVO update was just a fluke of bad luck.  Otherwise, it scares me to update my phone anymore.  I need a little bit of reassurance for the next update that comes along for my own phone.

Journeyman

Hopefully this will improve battery life. <24 hours is DISMAL!!!!

Journeyman

I still dont see the update in my Google Nexus 4G Phone. It says no updates available at this time. When will i get it?

Journeyman

You are kidding, right??

Journeyman

Report was it would roll out over a 3 week period. So you'll get it anytime between now and 3 weeks from now.

Journeyman

That's bad. 3 weeks wait time for what? I believe the update will be on air and i dont think Sprint Google Nexus S phone users are more. Already many people have returned the phone for faulty behaviour. So its better Sprint brings update soon to bring up a good reputation.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.