cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing keyboard and battery-charging problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else experiencing keyboard and battery-charging problems?

I bought my Nexus S 4G from Best Buy a few weeks ago and overall, I really like the device, however there are a few problems that I can't seem to get sorted out, and I'd like to return/exchange this at Best Buy while I'm still able to.

1. The keyboard locks up on me and crashes constantly. I have to reboot my phone almost every day because of this problem, and I submit a bug report every time, hoping that it might help the developers out.

2. My battery only charges to 95% or so. It has done this since day 1.

Today I decided to disable the haptic feedback on my phone (a feature that I like, and would rather leave enabled) and that seems to have made the phone feel more responsive and the keyboard hasn't crashed on me since (fingers crossed). Disabling haptic feedback also made the game Plants Vs. Zombies actually playable. With haptic feedback enabled, the game randomly pauses all the time.

What should I do? Return the device and get an Evo (or Evo 3D when it's released) or just exchange this for another Nexus S?

I'd like to think that the problems I'm experiencing can all be fixed with a software update, but I'm not entirely sure.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometimes lockups can be caused by 3rd party apps, atleast in my experience with the Nexus S. I would delete some if not all of your 3rd party apps and see if that corrects the problem. If not then a factory reset may be the next thing to try. If this still does not correct the issue I would take it to a Sprint store repair center and see if they can find out what the issue is. If they're unable to find anything wrong and the issue continues I may be best to exchange the device.

Are far as the battery only charging to 94% it appears it may possibly be a safety feature set into the software to prevent over charging the battery and reuining it over time. I'm not 100% on that.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Highlighted
Journeyman

same here

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint said its a software problem so call samsung thats what i did i swaer i regret buying this phone all these problems

Highlighted
Wizard

Hey all,

I haven't had either one of these issues with my Nexus S, I can tell you that the keyboard issue may be a software issue as JAY8510 mentioned but we can always walk you through resetting the software on the phone which will clear up most software related issues.

As for the second issue regarding the battery, I do know that the user guide specifically states to fully charge the Nexus S battery before attempting to use it, I know that some batteries can have issues with false battery readings where it needs to be fully drained before charging again in order to reset the battery electronic monitor. So I would suggest draining your battery all the way down then allowing it to fully charge and see if that fixes the issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat