cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Google Wallet ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have purchased a Nexus S 4G. But I have been able to use Google Wallet since the application is not installed on my Nexus S 4G.

The details are described at the following thread:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/338285#338285

Please let me know if you have already started using Google Wallet.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Have you already downloaded the latest sw GWK74?

A software update to GWK74 is available for the Samsung Nexus S™ 4G (D720) from Google beginning Monday, 9/19/11.
A system update screen will prompt the customers to Install now or Install later.
If Install later is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update. If Install now is selected, the phone will reboot and then begin the software update.Customers should follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update, taking approximately 5 minutes to complete.

Fixes:
QxDM Security Patch.
Google Android Security Patches.

Enhancements
Adds Google Mobile Wallet application.
Adds Google Shopper application.
Actions

Verify the software version of the phone when a customer reports an issue with their Samsung Nexus S 4G (D720).
Unlock the phone.
Press Menu, then tap Settings.
Scroll down, then tap About phone.
Scroll down to Build number.
Current version: GWK74

Journeyman

Re: Anyone using Google Wallet ?

Thanks for the comments.

The Build Number of my Nexus S 4G is GRJ90.

It is different from what you have shown above, GWK74.

I have tried to download updates in 2 ways as follows, but none of them have succeeded:

1) Went down to Settings/About phone/System updates, it shows "Your system is currently up to date". --> Nothing happens.

2) Typed *#*#checkin#*#* in the phone dialler to cause manual downloading of update. Then, a notification shows "checkin succeeded". Then I went to Settings/About phone/System updates, it shows "Your system is currently up to date". --> Nothing happens.

Do you have any idea how I can download the appropriate updates to install Google Wallet?

Master

Currently you don’t have the latest sw which is GWK74  and you tried Over the Air Update(OTA) and it failed right? Other option would be is to visit Sprint Service and Repair Center to get the Software updated to GWK74.

Journeyman

Finally, the update has arrived and I was able to install it successfully.

The Build number has been updated from GRJ90 to GWK74 and Google Wallet is now installed.

The arrival of the update was confirmed around 11:50AM PDT Sept 23, 2011, in Silicon Valley after I dialed *#*#checkin#*#*, while it was not there before when I checked it around 11:00AM.

Below is the picture of the update screen.

As you can see, it is Gingerbread 2.3.7.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will try it out this afternoon.

GW_updates.JPG

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat