cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you access pics/contacts/music from Nexus S on computer?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you access pics/contacts/music from Nexus S on computer?

Recently my Nexus S was ran over by an car and the screen is completely totaled. I connected it to my computer via USB hoping I could save some old photos, contacts, possibly music, from the memory. But is there something required you would have to do on the phone itself in order to sync it to your computer, because if you have to use the touchscreen at all I can't. Is there a way to? Any help would be apreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Can you access pics/contacts/music from Nexus S on computer?

Unless you set it up to do by default, you would need to be able to use it as a disk drive (mount usb storage). If your computer does not show a new drive when you plug it in, then you are out of luck.

Contacts should be backed up to your Google Gmail account.

Master

Re: Can you access pics/contacts/music from Nexus S on computer?

Depending on the importance of the media on the device you may want to contact a computer repair business and see if they can recover the files. Also if when you added contacts and you choose to add as a Google/Gmail contact then you should be able to see the contacts when you login to your Gmail on a computer. I also use Google Picassa web app to upload my pictures just in case my device is destroyed or lost/stolen.

Sorry for your loss

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat