cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could there be a Nexus One for Sprint?

Journeyman

Could there be a Nexus One for Sprint?

Android Guys has a good article about something the question I asked several days ago.  Can we use the Verizon Nexus One on Sprint.  As dayvedayve answered me in my previous thread asking about the Nexus One the article does too.  No, Sprint won't allow it.

Opinion: What Does Verizon’s Nexus One Mean for Sprint?

I think the best quote in the article was "Currently, Sprint only has two Android options: the sexy and slow Hero,  or the fast and bulky Moment. Why can't Sprint users have a combination  of both?"  I wonder too?  There will be those that berate me and say "just wait for the Super-Duper-Sonic" or maybe Sprint is angling for the HTC rebranded Nexus One?  Who knows.

Anyhow read the article and let's talk about it!

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™ on  the Now Network™.

Unlike a certain battery powered bunny who  keeps  "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and waiting and waiting..."

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Could there be a Nexus One for Sprint?

After reading a few more articles, I'm surprised I missed this before.  Verizon is supposed to be getting the HTC Incredible as well.  The official announcement is supposed to be later this month at CTIA.  That means Verizon will have 3 hot, fast, 2.0 plus Android phones out within 6-7 months.  All that I've managed to dig up was a possibility of Sprint reaching for the HTC Legend and rebranding it the "Hero 2".  If the Hero release is any indication we won't see the "Hero 2" for 5-6 months after its release in Europe...

I hope Sprint puts it into High Gear with Android very soon...

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™  on  the Now Network™.

Unlike  a certain battery powered bunny  who  keeps  "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting  and        waiting and waiting..."

Journeyman

My guess is that they'll be shooting for something similar to the Nexus One, except with 4G.

Journeyman

wouldn't the supersonic also go under "fast and bulky" .....i dont know about u but i feel like we're gonna have another repeat....fast and bulky supersonic, and then the "sexy and slow" legend. 4.3 inches for a phone is just way to big. but looks like sprint's going to give you a fast phone but your not going to get a normal sized phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

and i doubt a slightly upgraded Hero processor on the legend will be sufficent to smoothly run htc sense and many nice apps. I personally don't care about the aluminum body, i just want a phone that works

Message was edited by: rush1217

Journeyman

I guess we know the answer to this question now...

Fubie

N1 bound!!!!
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now  Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Unlike a certain battery  powered bunny  who keeps "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps  "Waiting and waiting and waiting..."

Journeyman

Well, I guess that means that previous guesses were invalid. Sprint is going to allow it. Since the N1 doesn't have branding, my guess is they will sell the same phone to both Verizon and Sprint customers, you can choose a plan though. That will be the only difference. Just my guess, but still it seems very likely, and if that is correct, you can actually switch easily between Verizon and Sprint on it.

Journeyman

Oh, my heaven.

I've read through all these posts, and was a huge fan of HTC (snap) and sister has touch which has been hacked. After watching the video of the super sonic, legend, and another one I can't remember. I wanted the legend. Made out of one piece of metal, sounds tough. My snap, although works well is cheaply made and has been superglued in 2 places. I live in the USA, just got a email from Sprint to pre reguster for the android supersonic. Well, now I need help.

1. Touch 2, Windows platform, My sister has one, is classy, and I like the real keyboard, and I think that the price will drop soon.However, her phone has been hacked through the bluetooth setting
  2. The Hero 2 (or Legend?) I like the idea of all emails, voice and txts ect can be kept together by contact. This is something I've been waiting for for a long time. right now on my snap, it is just email that is collected, nothing more. I was hoping with the snap that I could have a collection of emails and texts and a record of voicemail. Alas, that is not the case. Acording to the you tube video, the legend has software that can do that for me.
  3. I don't think I need a supersonic phone.

How would I pre register for the legend. Every time I call customer service they so very nicely and "sweetly" tell me they know nothing? I would appreciate some help or clues on how to get my hands on one of these Legend < or if you think I should stick with the windows platform??

many thanks

Carol

Journeyman

The legend is europe only at this point. The Supersonic has all the features of the legend except for the unibody, but Sprint is notorious for changing the phone build. Best chance is to switch to a GSM carrier and somehow get the European version. The EVO has some great features, and runs HTC Sense, so software is the same as legend, and actually slighty better. I'm really looking at getting it to replace my Hero. I love my Hero, but this phone is basically my dream phone on steroids. Good luck with the Legend.

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply, I just got an email to pre register for The phone that changes everything is coming soon. America's first  3G/4G Android phone, the HTC EVO™ 4G with Google™ - a Sprint exclusive -  is on its way. As a Sprint Premier customer, you're among the first to  know about this incredible phone. Sign up below and we'll keep you in  the loop about all the amazing things the HTC EVO will allow you to do.  Prepare to be wowed.this!

So confusing - Is this the supersonic??

thanks

Carol

Journeyman

Yes, this is what the phone that was codenamed "Supersonic" is. It has better specs than people expected. The only potential problem is a rate plan increase. I don't think we will have to worry about it, except maybe for the mobile hotspot sharing. That may cost extra. But otherwise, I am hopeful Sprint will make this affordable, just like everything else. It will probably be around 800 dollars unsubsidized, but who knows, it may be cheaper. This phone is freaking amazing... like a dream come true.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat