cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Sprint and Google Voice?

Journeyman

I initially had my Nexus S setup with Sprint and Google Voice integration with option 1 - converting my google voice number to my sprint number. I ultimately decided to disable the integration, which I did easily via the google.com/voice settings page. However, my google voice number did not convert back to the old number, and it is still listed as my sprint number. When I click "disable" next to the phone number on the google.com/voice settings page, I get an error saying "there was an error with your request. Please try again." Despite trying again multiple times, I haven't been able to revert back to my old google voice number.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Master

I need to ask a few questions.  Do you have two different Google voice numbers?  Does your current Sprint phone still have the Sprint number?  If you private message me your current Sprint phone number, I can try to recover any old number your phone had on it recently. 

Journeyman

I think I am having a similar probelm. I believe my Google Apps account has been associated with my Sprint phone. When I look at Google Voice settings in my apps account, I see my Sprint number there with the little sprint logo.  I think this is keeping me from porting my google voice number over to the apps account from my gmail account.

When I check on google the only option i have is to diable voicemail.  Is there a way to dissassociate entirely?

Master

Re: Disabling Sprint and Google Voice?

BEEHOLE- Disabling Google Voice on Sprint

To disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone, follow the steps below based on the type of account you have.

Please click the link that describes your account:

I have Sprint: Option 1

1. Sign into your Google Voice account and go to your settings.
  2. Click the Phones tab.
  3. You will see your Sprint mobile number followed by the text 'enabled by Sprint.' Click Disable next to your Sprint mobile number.

Disabling your Sprint mobile number will remove it from your Google Voice account. Your voicemail and text messages will still be available in your inbox. Keep in mind that when you disable Google Voice, you'll have to record a new Sprint voicemail greeting.

I have Sprint: Option 2

1. Sign into your Google Voice account and go to your settings.
  2. Click the Phones tab.
  3. Click Disable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone next to your Sprint mobile number.

Disabling your Sprint mobile number will remove it from your Google Voice account. Your voicemail and text messages will still be available in your inbox. Keep in mind that when you disable Google Voice, you'll have to record a new Sprint voicemail greeting.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat