cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade from the new 4.0.4 upgrade

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Downgrade from the new 4.0.4 upgrade

Spam doesn't work like that. It only sends a red flag if you respond to it.

Journeyman

PCZero as a sprint repair tech I will reiterate that you are not going to be able to go back to the 2.3.7  through sprint or through replacing the device. They are all going to get the same update. And as for all your hate towards 4.0 its totally crazy I understand that you are an older gentleman and you guys hate change. There is nothing wrong with the software. People are begging to get this software on their phone. Its the best software that Google has had. You just have to relax and learn it. Part of the sprint process is ready now. They will teach  you hands on how to use your phone. Take it into a store and sit down with someone. Sprint is not going to let you out ETF free because you don't want to learn a new software that you had the option to install. Its unreasonable and quite disgusting that you try to demand all of this.  nd in one of your first threads you said if one of your guys gave you code like this for a final they would be fired. But your confused on this phone? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed tech claim

Journeyman

PCZero as a sprint repair tech I will reiterate that you are not going to be able to go back to the 2.3.7  through sprint or through replacing the device.  They are all going to get the same update.

Thank you for acknowledging that this upgarde WAS forced.

And as for all your hate towards 4.0 its totally crazy I understand that you are an older gentleman and you guys hate change.

Wow what an poor assumption and highly offensive thing to say.  I can hardly nelieve that a representative of Sprint woudl say such a thing about a long time customer.  That was VERY offensive.

There is nothing wrong with the software. People are begging to get this software on their phone. Its the best software that Google has had.

yes there is a lot wrong with it.  I have continually reported many weaknesses that make it unusable.  It has nothign to do with liking or disliking change.  It has to do with not being able to use the phone any more.  The comment about it being "the best" is nothing but opinin and a subjective statement.  My points about the shortcomings go to show how weak it is.

You just have to relax and learn it.

Wow a second highly offensive remark.  Thanks...

Part of the sprint process is ready now. They will teach  you hands on how to use your phone. Take it into a store and sit down with someone.

You cant teach me how to change the things that I am asking about.  I have been told many time that "thats the way it is now".  I know how to use my phone, just it is unusable with this new software.

Sprint is not going to let you out ETF free because you don't want to learn a new software that you had the option to install.

I don't want out because of learning anything.  I want out becasue it is unusable.  The ADAS REQUIRES that a company make things usable to ADA people.  This software is NOT.

Its unreasonable and quite disgusting that you try to demand all of this.

I did not dmeand to get the fees waived.  That was the last of three options I offered.  Basically the phone is NOT the same phone as I purchased.  It is no longer usauble by me.  WHat is disgusting to me is the way that you, as a representative of sprint, are making very offensive generalizations about me and anyoen else who is 'older'.  I gues our money is not as green?

and in one of your first threads you said if one of your guys gave you code like this for a final they would be fired. But your confused on this phone? Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Yep I would fire them on the spot.  The new software is very poorly written.  It not at all intuitive and not user friendly. The layouts are weak, the color schemes are poor, most of the interface changes that were made degraded the overall usability of the device.  In the end, a huge partr of the change was simply made in the "look how cool we cna make this look" rather than "look how usable our product is".  100% I would fire a programmer that turned in code like that.

I am NOT confused about the phone at all.  I have asked how to revert to the much superior ;ayout of the older version.  It appears that the people who are confused are all thsoe who replied about this upgarde NOT being forced on met etc. 

I do appreciate that you took the time to address this, however a lot of what you wrote is extremely offensive to me and to any of yoru customer 'of age'.  It actually floors me that you woudl say such offensive and abusive things to yoru customers especially in a public forum.  In the end, Sprint does not HAVE TO waive any fees for me, bit they CANNOT make me pay them. 

Journeyman

If you actually have looked at the code(which I have doubt you have) you will see that its far from poorly written. Your age Its not an assumption at all you must have forgot. And to say it is the best its not an opinion, google it. And not once did I say that your money isn't as green. None of your 3 options are going to happen its just not possible. And also all the new phones coming out and some that are currently out are going to get android 4.0. And if your this unhappy with it its looking like your going to have to change to a different OS. And telling you to relax is not a offensive remark, most people get too frustrated and rather throw it then take the time to use it. You've argued with everyone in this forum trying to help you, sprint employees or not. It seems that the only opinion that matters is yours unfortunately. I don't know what anyone can do to try and help you. The 4.0 system is so much better that someone with an idea about coding(like myself) put it on my phone that's not supposed to have it yet. The product is 100% usable and the changes that were made were not about look how cool the device is. I like the color scheme better on 2.3. The layout is much more organized and superior than it previously was. So therefor idk what answer you are looking for. My suggestion get an iphone they have been the exact same thing for 6 years, nothing on it has changed. Sorry if you feel I have hurt your feelings...

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

If you actually have looked at the code(which I have doubt you have) you will see that its far from poorly written.

I was speaking from the end result point of view.  The code itself may well be 100% syntactically correct.  That is not the issue.  The issue is that the end product is not usable as I have contineally outlined.

Your age Its not an assumption at all you must have forgot.

"Forgotten", it is however a very offensive thing to say that because of my age the issue is that I don't liek change.  That was not only offensive, but rude, arrogant, and quite discrimanartoy.

And to say it is the best its not an opinion, google it.

ANY time one uses terms like 'best, 'better', 'worst', etc they are subjective.  It is 100dependant on how you base yoru criteria.  I am basing it on usability and form that stand poitn 4.x is terrible.

And not once did I say that your money isn't as green. None of your 3 options are going to happen its just not possible.

Like I said, Srpint can CHARGE me anythign they want.  They cannot make me actually PAY them a cent.

And also all the new phones coming out and some that are currently out are going to get android 4.0. And if your this unhappy with it its looking like your going to have to change to a different OS.

Or just go backl top the clam shell phoen which (while it does not have as many bells and whistles) works FAR better.

And telling you to relax is not a offensive remark

YES it is.  You are ASSuming that I am not relaxed and that the problems that I am outlining are not valid.  They absolutely are.

Most people get too frustrated and rather throw it then take the time to use it.

I am not most people I am me.

You've argued with everyone in this forum trying to help you, sprint employees or not.

Alomst everyone who has responded has given me untrue answers and opinions.  You just tolf me that 4.x is mandatory and darn near evryoen has told me I had an option.  People are giving me replies that do not address my issues and I try to explain again what it is, yet they go off on tangents that are 100% irrelevant.

It seems that the only opinion that matters is yours unfortunately.

I am sorry you feel that way.

I don't know what anyone can do to try and help you.

Thay can answer the actual issues I have.

The 4.0 system is so much better that someone with an idea about coding(like myself) put it on my phone that's not supposed to have it yet.

Again BETTER is a subjective opinion.

The product is 100% usable and the changes that were made were not about look how cool the device is.

Perhaps for ou it is usable.  I have outlined several areas that it is totally unusable foir me.  Tose reason will easily apply to others who have vision issues such as I do.

I like the color scheme better on 2.3.

Good for you! 

The layout is much more organized and superior than it previously was.

Again an opinion. The layout is muych more cluttered and much of it is unradable.  If you liek that layout kudos.

So therefor idk what answer you are looking for.

I am looking ofr answers to the points I am making.  Do you want me to list them again?

My suggestion get an iphone they have been the exact same thing for 6 years, nothing on it has changed.

If I had wanetd an iPhoen I woudl have gotten one in the first place.

Sorry if you feel I have hurt your feelings...

Any time someone makes offensive rude and derogatory remarks about a person, that person will be offended.

Journeyman

Yet again we have tried to answer your specific problems and you either didn't understand or didn't want to listen. And yes your phone will get the update but that doesn't mean you have to hit the install button. Just like your windows computer says to update it you have to Allow it. The areas that you say are unusable are very easily usable, if you learn how. And you couldn't have gotten one in the first place because we just got them in Oct 2011. But maybe when you have your upgrade you'll decide to get an iphone because they will never change on you. There the exact same boring thing. Which is one reason why android is superior, wait that's my opinion.

Message was edited by: mapesy who lined out troll remarks.

Journeyman

And the problems that you are outlining are your individual problems, not problems with the software. They are your opinions on the software.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@PCZero,

In an attempt to assist you, please consider the following:

1) Keyboard

Go to Google Play (Market) and download and install the app called "Gingerbread Keyboard from Android 2.3" This is the Gingerbread keyboard and it does work on ICS. I've installed and tested it myself before posting. If I've read your comments correctly, this should resolve the keyboard issue and where the predective words are showing up. To the left versus the center.

2) Email

Have you tried using the K-9 mail email client? This email client is far superior to the stock client and gives you many more features, including different notification sounds for each individual account you setup.

3) Downgrade to Gingerbread

As mentioned, neither Google nor Sprint provide this option. However, if you go to Youtube and search on QBKING77 you find an easy to follow tutorial on how to downgrade your phone to Gingerbread. I've personally done this after installed the original leaked version of ICS and if I can do it, anyone can. If Gingerbread is what you really want then you'll need to help yourself. That's just the way it is. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdo8xfr-FvY

Hope you find this useful ....

Journeyman

@StvnM -> THANK YOU

The answers you provided are very helpful.

I downloaded K9 mail and it does almost 100% of what I want.  It does goive me back the default screen of listing my mail accounts.  The only thing I can't figure out how to do is to delete an email without opening it up.  Do you know to do that with K9?

I also downlaoded the Gingerbread Keyboard app and switched to it.  However theer appears to be no change.  I'm not sure if I am doing somethign wrong or not.  I still have the stanard keyboard with the blue suggested text abobve it.  Cna you please explain what thje differences are and what I shoudl see using this keyboard?

Journeyman

@tprince.  You have done absolutely nohting to help in this matter.  All you ahev done is come in here and try to instaigate matters further.  Gladly I can say you are the oinly sprint person that I have ever had be this rude, offensive, and belligerant.  You my sir would never have been hired by me in the let alone been around long enough ot get fired.  No need to reply any fiurther here.  Yoru commenrts have doen absolutely nohting to address teh shirtcomings of the software.

Journeyman

@PCZero,

K-9:

Go to settings > Display then select "Multi-select checkboxes". This will let you select the message, mark it as read and delete without opening it.

Keyboard App:

System Settings > Language & Input. Tap on "Default" under the "keyboard & input methods" and select the GB keyboard.

Glad I could help ...

Journeyman

STEVEN THANK YOU!  That is absolutly perfect...  Everything for both of these is back to the way I want for the most part.  I still have some other issues that I really want to find a fix for.  If you can help with eitehr of these pleae let me know.

1) How do I make K9 my default email?  When I get a notification of new email and tap it, the new mails opens in the standrad email app not K9.

2) Please let me know if you find a way to get the text conversations to go back to the normal and much more logical straight down list of messages.  The way it is now with incoming texts justified left and outgoing texts justified right is extremely difficult to read.

3) Set the contact list in the blue phone app (tap the phone icon at the bottom of every screen - first icon on the left- and then tap the contac list at the top right) to look like the contact list app (tap the green contact list at the bopttom of every screen - second icon from the left).  The black on white or white on black is not so much an issue as having the multiple lines per contact in the blue phoen contact list.

Thank you again Steven.  You are being extremely helpful!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat