cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus Over Heating?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Nexus Over Heating?

Is anyone else having heating problems with their phone? I was charging mine and when I touched it, it was way hotter than a phone should be. I'm just curious, am I the only one having this problem?
-Galaxy Nexus

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Galaxy Nexus Over Heating?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to please visit our Sprint Service and Repair Center to have your device checked.For Sprint Store locations www.sprint.com/storelocator

Abe

Journeyman

I've had the same problem. Phone was overheating. $62 new battery no help. Found an issue with Exchange Service, which ate 500 megabytes of data in 7 days. The only fix I have is to set my work email to never sync, then force stop all processes related to exchange server and that email account and just manually check email (then kill all its processes). That completely stops overheating, ultra fast battery drain, and ridiculous  background data usage.

I have reported the process. Google searches reveal this has been a known issue for 6 months affecting Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus phones. Google blames Microsoft and Samsung, Samsung blames Google and Microsoft, while Microsoft blames Google and Samsung. Meanwhile I have a very expensive smart phone that fails a VERY basic function.

Since Sprint is giving me free data, perhaps they can light a fire under someone's behind to solve this. If I'm going to use 100 megabytes a day, I'd at least like to say I saw every cute animal video on you tube!

Please don't send me to a sprint service center. They are the ones who said I had a bad battery. They suggested Android OS was using 60% of my battery because they've had weak signals from their towers. They also offered to reset my phone. They were super nice, but not up to the issue at hand. This is a bug problem of some kind.

Journeyman

I have same problem and Spint and Samsung are no help.

I may leave Sprint over this issue. I ended buying additonal phone and line and sent the Nexus out 3 times to Samsung with no satifaction.

Journeyman

I may leave Sprint over this issue. I ended buying additonal phone and line and sent the Nexus out 3 times to Samsung with no satifaction.

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat