cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nexus One in the near future? (update... another phone for Verizion)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Nexus One in the near future? (update... another phone for Verizion)

The new Google phone (Nexus One) will be GSM but a CDMA version will follow soon after and if that is true that means the likes of Sprint and Verizon could get it, who knows.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2009/12/15/google-nexus-one-phone-price-details-cdma-version-may-follo...http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/GN-2.jpg

Message was edited by: Cire

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, it better be sooner than later for me. I am leaving sprint with in the next 30 days because of lack of high end phones. I had a Hero for 3 weeks and took it back the day after they announced that 2.0 update would be six months away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Game over. I have been waiting for the "G Phone". I will have this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

roberts3000 wrote:

Well, it better be sooner than later for me. I am leaving sprint with in the next 30 days because of lack of high end phones. I had a Hero for 3 weeks and took it back the day after they announced that 2.0 update would be six months away.

6 months away? As I understand it they said "first half" of 2010. I don't recall anything with a definitive June 2010 date on it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm amazed at the amount of people on this board that take their cell phone's way too seriously.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Knox: I agree...people take their cell phones way too seriously. Living one more month without the upgrade is not going to kill anybody. As they say, patience is a virtue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have worked in IT for a long time. When a company says 1H 2010 that means end of June. Or Q1 means end of march. Places I have worked, even if we got it done early we would hold it for more test. No such thing as to much testing.

I really have no idea what sprint will do. Maybe you will get lucky and get it in Jan. I was just speaking from past experience with tech company's.

I Hope they do get it out early. I like sprint and would like to see them succeed. Plus looks like I'm stuck with them, wife wont give up her palm pixi.

Message was edited by: roberts3000

Highlighted
Journeyman

The menu buttons look kind of like the ones on the Eris and the body looks kind of like the Hero.

It looks like a larger combination of the two. I wonder if the design guys are running out of ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I currently work in IT, and from my personal experience, first half of 2010 will in no way mean 6 months away. Sprint/Samsung is doing this simply to cover their butts. They give people a date that they expect to be the worst case scenario. When i give a release date i usually double how long i think it will take me, and give the customer that date. If it takes me the double amount of time, then i don't look any worse. If i manage to get done in half of the time i quoted, then I look that much better.

Highlighted

Death259 wrote:

I currently work in IT, and from my personal experience, first half of 2010 will in no way mean 6 months away. Sprint/Samsung is doing this simply to cover their butts. They give people a date that they expect to be the worst case scenario. When i give a release date i usually double how long i think it will take me, and give the customer that date. If it takes me the double amount of time, then i don't look any worse. If i manage to get done in half of the time i quoted, then I look that much better.

Oh lord....that's the Scott "Scotty" Montgomery idea of providing your customer with a worst case scenario time-frame, but phrase it as a "best case scenario" version.  Then, blow them away by stating that things got done even faster than anticipated.  Too bad the REAL world doesn't work that way.

Geordi La Forge subscribes to the basic tenants of IT: state a realistic time frame and do your best to meet that goal.  Seldomly will you succeed and deliver stellar results prior to that "drop-dead date", but it's also just as rare to fail to accomplish what you need to do.  As was previously stated, if you set a date for 1H 2010, odds are pretty darn good that the service, application, or handset won't be available until pretty much the June time frame.  And even if it was done early, they would continue to run tests prior to releasing it.  The Palm Pre, for example, was ready in March, 2009, but it was still being tested until the official launch date in June, 2009.

So, while you may be correct that symantically speaking, such 1H time frames do not SPECIFICALLY state unequivically that anything won't be released until the end of that time frame, the vast majority of such devices, services, or applications do hold true to the tenant of being released as close to the end of the stated time frame as possible.

Just my observations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with your comments, Its just every time I talk to someone at sprint (store and phone) I am told something different. When I bought the hero in November I was told it would have 1.6 before the end of the year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, it can be very frustrating when they contradict each other. Companies really need to get things like this straight. I don't know why phone reps and in store reps seem to always have different information. I've also noticed that some of the in-store reps, that might even have the phone i'm interested in, don't really know squat about the phones Or it might be the other way around, they only know information on they phone they have. I understand the need for cheap labor, but sometimes they really get the ones at the bottom of the barrel it seems.

Highlighted
Patron

It looks like Verizon is getting the Nexus One but no word on Sprint yet: Nexus One Coming to Verizon

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat