cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Wallet

I have purchased a Nexus S 4G on 9/20 but there is no Google Wallet application installed on the phone.

I am hearing that the Google Wallet application will be pushed to my phone via software update.

It is already one day after i purchased the phone, however, there is no update coming.

I have tried to force updating by entering *#*#checkin#*#* in the phone dialer. While I confirmed "check in successful" from the phone,

the phone says that the software is the most recent one. But the Google Wallet application does not still show up.

Please let me know how long I need to wait for the update to be delivered ????

Or should I need to consider returing the product!

Is there anyone who have successfully installed the Google Wallet application already ?

It is very disappointing to see that Google Wallet does not work while it is widely talked-about new feature !

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Google Wallet

It's a waiting game. Hopefully soon the wait will be over.It does seem to be normal now that Google will release a product and brag about how great it is then hold off on getting it out. When Google does push it out, from what I read, Sprint also has to release it after they 'authorize' it to work on thier phones. I have been doing the checkin thing too so you're not completely alone . Also,  I believe Google/Sprint may be waiting for more credit services like visa and others to be confirmed to work with wallet. This is just my guess but hopefull this is the case. Visa has signed but still some things need to be worked out. I wish I could give you links but google search will help with clarifying the frustrating delay.

Journeyman

Google Wallet

Patience.  Sprint software updates typically roll out over a period of several days. If you want to check for the update manually, just to go Settings, About and tap System update. 

Re: Google Wallet

Google Wallet and Google Shopper applications become available on the device with Software Update GWK74. Do you know what software version you have? To find out what version you have, follow these steps:

• Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings.
  • Scroll up and tap About phone.
  • Scroll up and Software version is displayed under Build number.
  • Press Home to return to home screen.

Ray

Journeyman

the 'check in' is a manual update push thus bypassing the system update button. I believe we also know the version number of the update by now. I don't understand why you would answer this thread by asking us to check for the correct build. This does not promote helpful discussions nor help answer the original question.

Journeyman

> Google Wallet and Google Shopper applications become available on

> the device with Software Update GWK74.

> Do you know what software version you have?

The Build Number is GRJ90.

I can not find the Google Wallet application !

With this version, GRJ90, am I supposed to find a Google Wallet application on my phone ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat