cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Airplane Mode

Highlighted
Patron

Help with Airplane Mode

I have a sprint nexus s that automatically changes to airplane mode when charging. It won't receive calls or anything else while in this mode. The only answer sprint has is "change the phone" No, I don't think so, how bout a fix....

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Help with Airplane Mode

deysie,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the phone, you mentioned that you contacted us; was there any troubleshooting performed? Have you checked to see if there's any software updates available?

Master

Help with Airplane Mode

I couldn’t able to find  airplane mode device issue with this phone model in device issues tool. Please check device  SW Version Software Version: GRJ06D or Software Version: GRJ22. If you have the latest software, back up your data (contacts/calendar/pic’s) then I would suggest you to do complete device reset and check if that resolves the issue. let me know.

Thanks.

Patron

Re: Help with Airplane Mode

There wasn't any troubleshooting done on the phone or software updates loaded. Now that I have the phone programmed and have a $30 screen protector, I'm not about to simply swap phones. I thought it was a pretty casual suggestion by the tech. Build number is GrJ22 android version 2.3.4 if that helps. It's a really nice phone if we can get this bug out of it

Wizard

Help with Airplane Mode

deysie,

There's multiple ways to turn off the airplane mode. You can hold down the power button to get the screen to come up that will allow you to disable airplane mode, you can also go into menu > settings > wireless & networks > airplane, or sometimes you can pull down the notification bar at the top of the phone to turn it off, try all of these steps to turn it off while it's charging then unplug and replug in see if it continues to do so. If it does then I would probably suggest performing a hard reset on the phone to reset the software.

Be advised, when performing a hard reset it will erase all your information on the phone so be sure to back up your contacts to the SD card or sync them to your gmail account and backup any other information you want with applications from the Google market such as SMS backup & restore or Astro File manager.

1. From Home screen.
  2. Press Menu, then tap Settings.
  3. In Settings, flick Up and tap SD & Phone Storage.
  4. Tap Factory Data Reset.
  • You will see This will erase all data from your phone's your phone's internal storage, including Your Google account, System and application data and settings, Downloaded applications To also clear music, pictures, and other user, the SD card needs to be erased.
  • After this you will see an option for phone reset, click this.
  • Then you will see another option for Erase everything, click this.

5. Device will reboot.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat