Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Key and Back Key Dims Out Blanks Out Temorarily

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I bought my Nexus S 4G back in July I think.  It has been an amazing step into smartphones for me, but the only thing that I don't understand is why the home button and the back button blank out temporarily and I can't get out of it.  Here's an example: I am in an app and I press the home key.  It dims out and the recent apps screen comes up, blanking the rest of the screen.  It sits this way for about 20 seconds and I cannot hit the back button to get out.   Then it is back again to normal.  The back button blanks out sometimes as well in a similar fashion.  It's like the phone is frozen.  Why is this?  My updates have been done.  I've power cycled, but this is a continuing issue.

Let me know what I can do.  Should I take the phone back?

Regards,

Kirk

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Home Key and Back Key Dims Out Blanks Out Temorarily

Hi Nexuskirk,

I did research some information on the issue with the backlight dimming and it seems like this issue is under investigation and hopefully can be resolved in a future maintenance fix.

Ray

Journeyman

I have the same problem with the soft button to the far left (back) dimming out for a period of time and the phone appears to be hung. My first Nexus did not do this The one I have now (I ran over my other one) is running 2.3.7 but also did this with 2.3.5. Bit annoying really.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat