cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly garbled text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hourly garbled text messages

Starting today, every hour on the hour, I receive a garbled sms message with nothing in the from line. If I try to reply, I get a "message not sent" notice. This is becoming annoying. Can anyone help?

I tried to paste the message here:

��B My���  2��~d4eA~ݹycӇb ��iٕ  

ytAO>vASFh4Av(0E  

[1]  

��  

There are extra characters here that do not show on the phone.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Hourly garbled text messages

Same here. Nexus S 4G, and on the hour, I keep getting a garbled message.

Highlighted

me as well! really annoying sprint get your ish together already!!!!! oh yeah and I'dd like to get the 32gb gs3 i paid for on the 5th already!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting them also.  Exactly the same garbled message on the hour since 1PM EST. NS4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here!!!!! NS4G  Today every hour since 1pm. Does not appear on google voice.

Did not get a 6:00 message

Highlighted
Journeyman

A week ago for about 4 hours I got this exact same thing. I've also gotten these messages periodically over the past few months that I have had this phone. What's up?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been receiving the same type of texts (though not the same exact characters). It doesn't show a number, so I can't block it through the website. I've been getting them every five minutes for about an hour.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been getting it also on my NS4G?? WTF is the deal i can't block it bacause there is no number or anything that shows up!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting this same problem on my Nexus S.  The same text with question mark symbols every 5 minutes since this afternoon!  Called the help desk and spoke with tech and customer service.  No one has any idea what this is and can't help.  They referred me to a store location but I doubt that will do any good either.  Never had these problems with AT&T or Verizon.  The other phone on my account doesn't do this.  I hope its not a Nexus S thing. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting the messages too.  They are coming through the same time that other people in my family are recieving Emergency weather alerts.  I dont know how to stop it but I pretty sure its related to the weather alerts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus S here. Also been getting them, every five minutes. Really f-ing annoying, I wish Sprint would act on this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been getting these messages off and on since 6/29. They usually go in 5 minute intervals, 2 messages at a time, for about an hour. They stop for a day or two, then start up again, same pattern. Recieved messages on 6/29, 7/1, and now 7/3. Please fix.

Nexus S, ICS, 4.0.4

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat