cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so looking forward to the end of my contract in June '13!

Journeyman

I'm so looking forward to the end of my contract in June '13!

I'm an Android developer, and find it highly desirable to have a pure Google phone for development purposes.  I was an idiot for believing Sprint was capable of delivering competitive or even adequate service.

I've been with you guys for years, and I'm finally fed up.  Here's my list of greivances:

• I get ZERO reception inside my apartment.  I pay over $100/mo and I can't even make or receive calls from home.  This is the only building in which I have this issue.  CSRs and whoever is running the @sprintcare Twitter account didn't have much of a response beyond, "That's too bad."
  • I purchased my Nexus S 4G a couple years back and have been told repeatedly for years by store employees that Dayton, Ohio is soon to begin receiving 4G coverage.  The staff at the Miamisburg store were totally ignorant of the fact you gave up on wimax and had announced your planned LTE 4G network.  Even as 2013 looms on the horizon I'd say it's safe to wager that Sprint customers in Dayton won't have 4G until 2015.
  • I pay $8 a month for insurance, but still have to shell out $150 to replace my device.  When I do replace a broken/damaged phone you guys try to extend my 2 year contract?!
  • When I started my contract the early termination fee was $180.  Now your website is telling me that if I terminate before June of next year it'll be $349?!  How do you even justify that?
  • My contract is up this coming June but I'm not eligible for a discount on a new phone until two months prior to the end of my contract (April '13).
  • Even though you advertise and tell people in store that by buying a flagship Google Nexus device they'll receive the earliest updates for their Android software, they don't.  Your proprietary CDMA bullshit kept me waiting several months after the release of 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1 (Jellybean).  Literally months after gsm carriers sent their OTA software updates.
  • You don't offer a cheaper plan than that $89/mo for my device.  I can't even just strip out the text or data and just pay for voice minutes?

I am pleased that Google has decided to stick it to you and the other carriers by launching their unlocked Nexus 4 directly on their Play store.  I look forward to never again being in a 2 year contract with a communication company.

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: I'm so looking forward to the end of my contract in June '13!

Ditto

Journeyman

rowebot wrote:

I'm an Android developer, and find it highly desirable to have a pure Google phone for development purposes.  I was an idiot for believing Sprint was capable of delivering competitive or even adequate service.

I've been with you guys for years, and I'm finally fed up.  Here's my list of greivances:

• I get ZERO reception inside my apartment.  I pay over $100/mo and I can't even make or receive calls from home.  This is the only building in which I have this issue.  CSRs and whoever is running the @sprintcare Twitter account didn't have much of a response beyond, "That's too bad."
  • I purchased my Nexus S 4G a couple years back and have been told repeatedly for years by store employees that Dayton, Ohio is soon to begin receiving 4G coverage.  The staff at the Miamisburg store were totally ignorant of the fact you gave up on wimax and had announced your planned LTE 4G network.  Even as 2013 looms on the horizon I'd say it's safe to wager that Sprint customers in Dayton won't have 4G until 2015.
  • I pay $8 a month for insurance, but still have to shell out $150 to replace my device.  When I do replace a broken/damaged phone you guys try to extend my 2 year contract?!
  • When I started my contract the early termination fee was $180.  Now your website is telling me that if I terminate before June of next year it'll be $349?!  How do you even justify that?
  • My contract is up this coming June but I'm not eligible for a discount on a new phone until two months prior to the end of my contract (April '13).
  • Even though you advertise and tell people in store that by buying a flagship Google Nexus device they'll receive the earliest updates for their Android software, they don't.  Your proprietary CDMA ******** kept me waiting several months after the release of 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and 4.1 (Jellybean).  Literally months after gsm carriers sent their OTA software updates.
  • You don't offer a cheaper plan than that $89/mo for my device.  I can't even just strip out the text or data and just pay for voice minutes?

I am pleased that Google has decided to stick it to you and the other carriers by launching their unlocked Nexus 4 directly on their Play store.  I look forward to never again being in a 2 year contract with a communication company.

Regarding your first point, I've had exactly the same problems with ATT and Verizon.  In fact Sprint is the only carrier that seems to be able to penetrate my house.  It just depends on where the towers are relative to your house.

Regarding 4G, its not a big deal.  I rarely get it either even in a town that supposedly has it.  I look forward to a LTE phone at some point, hoping that will be better.

And my impression is that the Jelly Bean update came pretty quick after a relatively long wait for for the previous update.

Anyway, good luck.

Journeyman

I have had some of the same problems you have experienced and have gotten no satifaction or compensation from sprint what so ever, even though my contract isn't up for a while I am seriously considering paying the early termination fee to get out of this HORRIBLE contract.

Journeyman

Count me in also. I have something like 55 days left in my contract. Once that day comes I am leaving behind these joke Android phones withl their lame upgrades to the O.S., for an Iphone and Verizons network. The cost of Verizons network doesn't bother me anymore, especially after what I have endured with Sprints horrible network and their Android phones that never work the same after each and every upgrade.

Journeyman

At least you guys get to end your contracts soon.   I'm stuck until May 2015.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!