Ever since I updated my phone, battery life has been horrible where usage has not changed. My signal has also been worse and the past two days, it has been almost impossible to connect or stay connected to a wifi network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, yesterday me, my gf and my best friend all recieved a text containing all the crap below but no return number or code. All phones are running the new software update, no 3rd party messaging apps and phones are running stock software, no rooting. What gives???? I am thoroughly frustrated with this phone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am having the exact same problems and there is ZERO help available - so frustrating. I'm about to chuck this phone as far as I can. Sad, because I loved until this update launched. I have to charge the battery every 8 hours or so - when I'm not even using it for anything - because I can't connect to a stupid network anywhere. Considering I live in a huge metro area and this never happened before, this is ridiculous. I've read the entire help file on the phone and half of the instructions for customizing things are apparently for a different phone - they don't even have the options that are spelled out in the steps.
Sprint, is there help on the horizon???
My wife and I both got that text message on our phones the other day too. I wonder if it was a corrupt system wide message that got sent out.
The battery life on ICS is significantly worse, I must admit. I suspect this is due to the hardware accelleration being turned on. I can offer some optimization suggestions, though you may have already done many or all of these:
If I think of any more, I'll post them here for general knowledge, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head for the moment. Good luck folks.
Yes this is TERRIBLE. I have already commented at electronic review sights. My thoughts are simple. Whomever came up the OS should get fired. My $500 phone is trashed!
1. POWER CONSUMPTION IS OFF THE CHARTS
2. Signals levels seem less than normal, including WiFi in my house!
3. Can't tell if my I am in Bluetooth mode at a glance, while driving on the phone!
4. When initiating Phone mode the Phone pad always pops up. Why not the last phone function I used!?! ( LIKE IT WAS)
5. What happened to my Google Voice link?
6. What's with hard Google search field? I already move the original to adjacent page. Didn't want it on mty home window.
7. Everytime I turn on my phone, the battery is at 95%.
I called SPRINT, they said they be able to revert the phone back to the earlier OS.
More to come....