Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Update Notice on my Nexus S 4G?

Highlighted
Patron

ICS Update Notice on my Nexus S 4G?

Hi,

I just got a weird notice (phone vibrated twice) on my Nexus S 4G just now. I accidentally hit the screen while taking it out of my pocket but caught a glimpse of the pop-up. I did see the words Ice Cream Sandwich but not the rest of the details. Could it be really happening? Are we getting ICS? Did anyone else get this?

-Chris

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: ICS Update Notice on my Nexus S 4G?

It's highly unlikely a single person (and no others) received ICS.  It seems nobody else got this.

However, if you're so inclined, you can check.  From the home screen:  menu--> settings-->about phone.

From there check "system updates", and/or look at what it says under "android version".  Unfortunately, nobody can tell you what your phone received, because we don't have your phone!

Patron

Hi,

It wasn't an update but just a notification - I've gotten these before from Sprint. I wish I would've photographed it. It was in a light gray box with white text. I barely read it before accidentally tapping it which closed it out.

True story!

Chris

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat