Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Update Notice on my Nexus S 4G?

Highlighted
Patron

ICS Update Notice on my Nexus S 4G?

Hi,

I just got a weird notice (phone vibrated twice) on my Nexus S 4G just now. I accidentally hit the screen while taking it out of my pocket but caught a glimpse of the pop-up. I did see the words Ice Cream Sandwich but not the rest of the details. Could it be really happening? Are we getting ICS? Did anyone else get this?

-Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's highly unlikely a single person (and no others) received ICS.  It seems nobody else got this.

However, if you're so inclined, you can check.  From the home screen:  menu--> settings-->about phone.

From there check "system updates", and/or look at what it says under "android version".  Unfortunately, nobody can tell you what your phone received, because we don't have your phone!

Highlighted
Patron

Hi,

It wasn't an update but just a notification - I've gotten these before from Sprint. I wish I would've photographed it. It was in a light gray box with white text. I barely read it before accidentally tapping it which closed it out.

True story!

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat