cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Update

Journeyman

ICS Update

The Samsung Nexus S 4g is supposed to receive updates first since it's a Nexus phone. What is the hold up? Everyday I see other Android devices receiving ICS updates but there is not even a scheduled date for this release. Other Samsung phones have release dates (by quarter) but not NS4G. I bought this phone because it's a developer phone, develop it.

26 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS Update

Please name the phone other then the Galaxy Nexus that currently and offically has ICS... I expect to hear crickets because there are none

Journeyman

ICS Update

You should have read my post a little more closely. I said devices, as in the ASUS Transformer Prime, etc. and did not specify phones. My point about this being a developer phone is still valid, so stop chirping. 

Journeyman

ICS Update

The release should be really soon, I've been running the "official leaked" version of ICS 4.0.4. Its basically perfect except for the proximity sensor issue.

Journeyman

ICS Update

I think the more important question is Why Stay With Sprint???

1. There rockin' out their 4G network - NOT, after a super slow build of a network of 4G that doesn't even work in the core of 4G cities, Sprint is moving to LTE and will catch up to Verizon soon, say about 2020

2. They are such great communicators and keep us so well informed - NOT, this debacle with updates for the Nexus S is only really an issue due to Sprints S.O.P., that news isn't news until it's old news. They may  announce ICS for Nexus S after everyone has it

3. They are on the cutting edge of everything, so don't worry! - NOT, Sprint is, was, and apparently will always be, a step or ten behind Verizon.

4. Great perks for loyal users, like the Premier program! - NOT, oops, that's right, we got that taken away, right around the time that the 4G fee became a smartphone fee, because there is no 4G!

I have been with Sprint for 8 years, and with all of the above to ponder, I do believe I have renewed my last contract with Dan Hesse.

Journeyman

ICS Update

Maybe the OP should stop chirping, and read the other, multiple threads going on about the same topic.

There is no information about the ICS update.  Nobody knows anything.  It'll get here when it gets here, if it ever does.

If you don't like it, take "WhyStay's" advice and voice your dissatisfaction with your money.

Journeyman

ICS Update

The Samsung Nexus S 4g is supposed to receive updates first since it's a Nexus phone.

I've read this statement by multiple people and wonder where they are getting their information. To my knowledge, it was never stated that the NS4G would get any update first. Everything I have read has only said it would get its updates directly from Google. Directly and first are two entirely different things. So I'm curious, is there anythign in writing from Google, Sprint and/or Samsung that makes this claim of being first, or is it just an assumption?!?

Journeyman

ICS Update

From Google" With this device, users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available."  http://www.google.com/phone/detail/nexus-s

Journeyman

ICS Update

The fact that I'm a Sprint customer (and have been for 12 years) allows me to post any damn question I want, regardless if it has been asked in a different form somewhere else. Also the 'it will get here when it gets here' and 'nobody knows anything' logic is beyond idiotic. Spmeone knows something and if you would like to sit back and not be provided information on updates, that is your business, but I want to know when I can expect this update. I made the point that the NS4G doesn't even have an official ICS release QUARTER, so requesting that Sprint provide that isn't that big of an ask.

So feel free to remain uninformed but do so quietly.

Journeyman

ICS Update

Thanks