Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on a release date?

Journeyman

Re: Information on a release date?

AFDOC wrote:

Ratedr1987 wrote:

I think the Nexus is coming out in April,.....Why would Sprint Release a phone that been out for some time now at the same time as The Supersonic..It's obvious a lot of people will pick The Supersonic Over the Nexus..This won't Help the Nexus Sales At All if it comes out in the summer..!...haha

I leave nothing out when Sprint does things.  I imagine a complete botch of the launch.

I am itching and have contemplated all day about moving to T-mobile for the N1.  It appears that some have already jumped ship for other carriers to have the N1.  If Sprint was smart, it would make an availability date.  Without one subscribers like myself have no problem abandoning Sprint for the phone.  I hope Sprint is listening, it does not make sense to dangle subscribers because it is any easy move to Tmobile or any other carrier

AFDOC

Yeah true, but I would never leave a service because of a new phone especially for T-Mobile of all places, Google made the wrong move going there in the first place, And there Deposit is WAY To High, Along with there plans ,Sprint has them all beat when it comes to plans..So i can wait it out..  

Journeyman

Hopefully the new rumors will be true and the N1 will be available within the next several weeks.  What I really want to know is if Sprint will be subsidizing the N1???

Fubie

N1 bound!
HTC Hero and Sprint

The Not Right Now  Red Headed Step  Child Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Journeyman

I got my Nexus One today and it is a great phone. It is the Hero on steriods. T-mobile works better here in Huntsville, AL then Sprint.. I was totally shocked with the good service. I am paying 79.99 for the Even More Plus plan that gives me unlimited everything. If Sprint would have put out a date I would have stayed.

Journeyman

Cire wrote:

I got my Nexus One today and it is a great phone. It is the Hero on steriods. T-mobile works better here in Huntsville, AL then Sprint.. I was totally shocked with the good service. I am paying 79.99 for the Even More Plus plan that gives me unlimited everything. If Sprint would have put out a date I would have stayed.

Hey glad to hear you are enjoying your new N1.  I hear what your saying, I think I am going to jump ship too.  The only thing that is keeping me is all the rumors of T-mobile service.

So can I ask how are the speeds, coverage and how is the call quality?

I think you can't go wrong.  I hear so many good things about T-mobile here in Chicago.

AFDOC

Journeyman

I agree with you, they should disclose the release date, even if it's not in April, otherwise we can all conclude this is just another empty promise from Sprint to keep customers from jumping ship. BTW, I'm also getting the N1 with T-Mobile. I like Sprint plans but waiting for a phone which is not officially announced doesn't make much sense.

Journeyman

well i heard that the n1 will be out around april 27. or around that date. but if i were u i would wait for the htc evo 4g. and sprint is getting ready for something big on april 1st. hopefully its android 2.1

Journeyman

jesseboy23 wrote:

well i heard that the n1 will be out around april 27. or around that date. but if i were u i would wait for the htc evo 4g. and sprint is getting ready for something big on april 1st. hopefully its android 2.1

Where did you hear about that date? My insider haven't heard anything. 

Journeyman

LMFAO LOL

BUT YEA I HOPE THEY RELEASE IT BEFORE THE EVO 4G

Journeyman

The only hope that the N1 has left is that the EVO be >$300 upfront and have a higher monthly fee (which some are saying it might). But if the EVO is @ $200 upfront and doesn't have any monthly "special pricing," the N1 will be dead-on-arrival.

The thing is, I can't see Sprint caring too much if it is DOA, I mean, it's not their phone. And while it does mean more money for them in the form of monthly fees, the N1 will already be out on T-Mobile and VZW before Sprint, so I don't see the phone luring new customers to Sprint -- if they wanted the N1 so badly, they would have already purchased it on another carrier.

I know Google just came out saying that N1 business sales were "in the black" but I can't see things getting better for the N1 as the EVO starts appearing in brick-and-mortars. There will always be a niche of N1 fanboys I suppose, but that group is getting smaller and smaller with every new HTC phone.

Good comparison table from androidcentral: http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible-vs-evo-4g-vs-nexus-one

Did anyone else see that T-mobile stores will start carrying N1 accessories soon? Has anyone see anything similar for Sprint stores?

Journeyman

I've said it before and I think it may need to be repeated from time to time, the real power of the N1 is not in the handset itself--it in the direct OTA pushes from Google with no carrier wait and see required. That's huge. Moment owners will understand the nature of having a good phone--on paper--that is held back by antiquated software. If the EVO is held down because of a lack of active updates, it will loose ground to the next big thing just like the Moment and Hero are now. That's why we still see the N1 compared to the newest creations from HTC and will probably see for the foreseeable future. Until the hardware can no longer support the software, it will remain a viable phone for many years.

Journeyman

i talked to a sprint rep today and she checked in the system and it says the nexus release is supposed to be late April.  After the rep said that she laughed and said i am sorry sir but i do not think that it will be out in 4 days try back in a couple weeks.  I really wish sprint would get things together for android based phones at least update info on the computers the reps use. 

Journeyman

So, May 3rd and no news. I think I'm about to jump to T-Mobile or Verizon, this waiting 6 months to get an already 6 month old phone is getting old. It happen with my first BB Curve and now this.

Anyone with further news?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat