cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on a release date?

Journeyman

Re: Information on a release date?

Yep - I just spoke with Sprint chat and received an answer...

"The Nexus One will be released in early Summer".

Based on that response, I think it's coming around the same time as the EVO, if at all. Screw this company, I'm bailing for T-Mobile. We have the WORST handsets and the WORST support, and the company flat out lies to us about when they're sending updates to handsets.

Journeyman

Don't believe any CSR. They probably know less than most customers.....

Journeyman

dbkerr wrote:

Don't believe any CSR. They probably know less than most customers.....

Exactly!!!!!1

Journeyman

Why is it so difficult to inform customers on a release date or at the very best give them a " official " status update on the product.

I guess the worry about the same problem that arrises when they talk about software updates.   And they somehow dont happen and people get dissapointed.

I would rather know they are working on it than be left out in the cold...............

Journeyman

Because even though they have laid off more than 4000 people in the last three years from Sprint, and fired their previous CEO, there is a core group of people that are entrenched and are no good to the company that seem to find a way to remain and rot the company from both ends.

Journeyman

I'll repeat what I said on the post three below this. I also repeat that if Verizon dropped the N1, then why wouldn't Sprint?:

It appears that there is no longer any doubt that Verizon is not getting the Nexus One. Boy Genius Report states that Google confirms there is no Nexus One for Verizon:

"We won’t be selling a Nexus One with Verizon, and this is a reflection of the amazing innovation happening across the open Android ecosystem. Verizon Wireless customers who want an Android phone with the power of the Nexus One can get the Droid Incredible by HTC, which can be pre-ordered now and which will be available in Verizon Wireless stores on Thursday, April 29th"

(I guess this is old news because Boy Genius published this on 4-26-10.)

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/04/26/htc-nexus-one-not-coming-to-verizon-wireless-after-all/

The better question now is whether this turnaround casts doubt on SPRINT'S Nexus One. I doubt if Google would plan on having only one CDMA device. But even so, what will the sales for the N1 be if Sprint is offering much better phones from HTC and others for the same price as a Nexus One.

I also add that given the almost complete lack of interest in this Nexus One forum, there is very little reason Sprint should release the N1.

Journeyman

I would hope someone from Sprint can come on and confirm if the Nexus 1 is still coming out or not so people can move on. Silence is never a good sign especially since they did not have to announce it was coming out if they were not sure.

Journeyman

With the upcoming availability of HTC EVO 4G, the world's first 3G/4G Android phone available exclusively from Sprint; Nexus One from Google will not be coming to Sprint's 3G Mobile Broadband network. Spint expects to launch the HTC EVO sometime this summer. Sprint will continue to work closely with our partners at Google to deliver the best Android experience available today.

Journeyman

really that is great info just yet another lie from sprint and it looks like good old big red will be updating the eris to 2.1 tomorrow sprint please get your act together

Journeyman

Sprint..... you need to get your act together.  People like their phones and want them updated as promised.  This crap that happened today with the Nexus One is why people get agravated with Sprint and leave. These Phones are peoples " toys "......

I really honestly hope this EVO lives up to all the HYPE.....  I am really concerned with battery life on that unit...  I really hope they go ahead and place 2.2 operating system on the EVO before they sell it...

Journeyman

The funny thing about the canned response from sprint is, didn't they know the EVO was coming out when they announced the nexus 1? This is unfortuantely why peeple get mad at sprint for mis/lack of information. If I remember, Verizon never announced the nexus 1, it was only on the google page. I know there are things that go on behind the scene that consumers will never find out but why announce it? They better announce the EVO release date/price this week to help with all the bad PR.

Message was edited by: original00

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat