cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Nexus S 4g Speakerphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought the Nexus S 4g on the first day that I could, and I have had it for a few days and my speakerphone is not working well. When I use it, the caller on the other end complains that it is echoing, so I called my phone and had my girlfriend answer it, and sure enough it is echoing. It isn't echoing a little, it is echoing to the extent where you cannot hear what you are saying. Here is a link to another forum where some users have come fwd with the same issue: http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/83330-speakerphone.html

Also, I tried to speak with Samsung, and that was a useless waste of time! I have called my P.O.S. and they do not have anymore right now, so I am stuck with a phone I cannot use speakerphone on, and I use it a lot! I am angry b/c I have signed a 2 year agreement for this phone, and I am stuck with something that will be utterly useless unless this is fixed. I have tried hard resets, removing all programs completely, turning down the speaker, updating everything on the phone, and it did not help matters.

I love the phone, but how can I purchase something and keep it if a normal feature is unusable? I am having other issues as well with reception too, but that is another story. I hope something can be figured out, so I can keep the phone as I do not want to get rid of it.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

JTFISHBEIN85, sounds frustrating!  Please understand that you always have 30 days to return or exchange a device.  Generally a $35.00 restocking fee is applied, but this fee is waived when the phone is defective!  I understand that you have been in contact with the point of sale, but do not let your 30 days pass you by!  I know it is a disappointement to have to part with the device, but it would be in your best interest to return the defective equipment!  As you said yourself, you've invested 2 years towards a contract with us, we do not want that to be a dreadful 2 years!  For more on the 30 day return policy, check out this link:  http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?id16=30%20day%20exchange%20policy ~ Nicholas

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I am having the same issue with my Nexus S 4G.  It is a pretty awful defect!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue with my phone. Been seeing threads about this over the last few days... Is this an issue that can be fixed be a replacement or is something else going on since multiple people have reported that a replacement had the same issue.

Journeyman

i am also having this issue, the only way i have found that i can eliminate the echo for my listeners is when i take the battery cover off.

this is a deal breaker for me as i use this phone for work, if i cant get this resolved i will have to get a different phone.

i did a live chat with samsung this morning and they said that the issue had not been reported to them and that i needed to open a service request.

has anyone gotten a resolution yet to this problem?

thanks,

h

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here about the speaker phone and thre reception is horriable. Was trying to send a picture msg to my hubby yesterday and he did not get anything, it go the text but the the picture mail.  Then I had my girlfriend figue out how to send it via bluetooth to her phone from mine (which did work), but still could not send it to my hubby so she had to send it, that is just crazy!  My friend has the EVO 4G.  I don't know about this phone.  Just got it and not that great to me, still going to give it some time, but I will be calling sprint to find out exactly when my 30days are up.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat