cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean Update?

Journeyman

Re: Jelly Bean Update?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Jelly Bean binaries for the Nexus S 4g already been posted?

See Link Below

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers#crespo4g

Journeyman

As i state yes they have been but Sprint will still have to QA the build.  Look back at ICS and Gingerbread.  They all got it internally and said yes or no to it before it was officially released by Google to the phone.  The reason it takes so long for even the initial builds is the CDMA bimaries to be given to Google from Sprint/Samsung.  So this again isn't googles fault for the delay but more Sprint doesn't have a good group of QA people to test the builds or they lack a department for it in general...but idk.

Journeyman

Okay thanks for the claraification!

Journeyman

This just in from Android Central: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-galaxy-nexus-nexus-s-may-be-line-jelly-bean-week

Not going to hold my breath nor be surprised or angry if it doen't hold true. Better things to do with that energy.

Journeyman

Oh Yeah!!!! Let's see how they hold up to the date??

Journeyman

Journeyman

Has anyone received the update yet?

Journeyman

No luck yet.  I will not hold my breath with Sprint in control of the update.  It is what it is and we will get it when we get it.  Unfortunately. 

Journeyman

Nope - 1.5 months after release and we're still waiting on it.  So much for the pure Google experience and receiving updates faster than other devices.  At this point, I think we have clear grounds to sue Sprint on false advertising...

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Jelly Bean update has started from Google Over The Air server and will be a slow roll out. Checking for an update will only work if your Nexus S has received the prompt to Install Now or Install Later. The Jelly Bean update will take little over a week to reach all Nexus S phones customers.

Included with Jelly Bean update is users should no longer receive Garbled Text Messages with No Sender

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Are we going to get an updated Support page like the Galaxy Nexus that displays all the enhancements? Did the OTA really start today? I haven't seen any announcement from Google Nexus in Twitter.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat