cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean Update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jelly Bean Update?

I hope someone can answer this for me. Google just announced Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) for the Nexus S. Does that mean the Nexus S 4G will get the update? I hope Sprint doesn't block this update. I would hope Sprint & Google will work together to bring Jelly Bean to our Nexus S 4G devices. Thank you.

128 REPLIES 128
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have seen no reports of ANYONE getting this update.

I'm starting to wonder if it was stopped or something ...

Jake

Highlighted
Journeyman

My thoughts exactly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's always worked fine for me when I've needed it.  I just made sure to change "enable-plugins" to "on demand" in the browswer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol, I love that one of the bullet points in the update link says "Google Wallet (for the Nexus 7)."

Also, I dunno when Sprint is actually going to release this thing so decided to jump the gun and put jelly bean on my NS4G since I was getting slightly jealous of seeing the Galaxy Nexus get it haha.

I plan on doing a video review of this tonight or tomorrow.

JBNS4G.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just realized my link is from a past blog post and not the actual update page....  Sorry for the false info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think any Nexus S 4G owners have received the Jelly Bean ( 4.1.1) update via OTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope.....still waiting, smh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing yet...

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what's going on? Why hasn't anybody gotten the update yet? Can you give us an update on what's going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the update on the status of the new Jelly Bean OS, but as of right now. I don't think any owner of an Nexus S 4G has can report that there device has been upadated via OTA. I know that an exact date can never be promised, but can you confirm that this update is for Nexus S 4G owners? I realize that is has not been a week, but I kind of find it hard it believe that not a single Nexus S 4G owner can verify that there device has been updated to Jelly Bean via OTA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They pobably did not want to start the rollout on a Friday afternoon in case of a problem.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat