Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediaserver - Battery Life

Go to solution
Journeyman

Hi all -

Wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue?  After I restart my Nexus S my battery life for the day is great, I have no issues.  However, after about the 2nd or 3rd day (without rebooting the phone) my battery life decreses immensely and when I check the Battery Usage, MEDIASERVER is eating up about 25% of my battery.  Not sure why it takes a few days for MEDIASEVER to 'ramp' up but once it does battery life becomes abysmal.  Also not sure if there are any rogue apps, but really the only apps I have that are media related are Amazon MP3, Soundhound and Pandora.  Has anyone experienced anything similar?  Love the phone but hate to have to reboot it everyday just to keep battery life optimal.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Master

I did a quick Google search for "android mediaserver using battery " and found out quickly this isn't just a Nexus related item.  I know it is annoying but compared to most of the issues out there at least this one is fairly easy to manage.  You may want to look on androidforums.com or sprintusers.com forums (Not affiliated with Sprint) to see if you get more comments or info about this.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat