cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5?

Journeyman

Nexus 5?

I've read some tidbits of the upcoming Nexus 5 being offered on Sprint.  Has anyone heard / read the same?  I've had the Nexus 7 tablet now for a couple of months and it's fantastic.  Might steer me away from an iPhone 5s over to the new Nexus if it's available through Sprint.

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Nexus 5?

if I was you I was not going to even spend the money for the iphone 5s. I personally am very disappointed from Apple. Just my opinion.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

is there a anticipated date yet?

Journeyman

There's a few rumors circulating about the release date for the Nexus 5.    Most are speculating a release date around Oct 14th for the phone, but no later than the end of October.    Don't know when/if Sprint will be getting it though.

Journeyman

Sprint would be the last place I get a nexus device from. You won't get the updates on time on sprint at all because they want to install their crapware.

Journeyman

I hear that you might be able to buy the phone directly from Google around $399   I would do this and then go over to T-mobile since you don't have to sign up for a contract and it's cheaper than Sprint.   Then if you don't like T-Mobile you can just cancel your service and go over to AT&T

Journeyman

Nexus devices are devoid of carrier approved updates, just as Apple doesn't have to approve an update for the iPhone before sending it OTA.

Journeyman

Nexus devices are devoid of carrier approved updates, just as Apple doesn't have to approve an update for the iPhone before sending it OTA.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

That's only the unlocked version. It's obvious you didn't pay attention to what happened to the Galaxy nexus on Verizon. Sprint users still got the update but it was much later that the unlocked GN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now it's rumored that Google might sell it unlocked at $299.   If this is true, then bye bye Sprint.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat