cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus One Release Date Confirmed......Kinda

Journeyman

Re: Nexus One Release Date Confirmed......Kinda

Yeah I waited 2 months for my i680 update that would allow me to send text messages.  Sad because the phone launched with the problem.  I don't think Sprint cares about subs like us.

Verizon updated the Droid within the first month.  In addition, it has a spot on Google's website "Spring 2010."  Sprint is no where to be found.  I can hear the subscribers flocking away.

Mr. Hesse should try politics.

Journeyman

Honestly. What's so bad about transparency? Why would it be so bad for Hesse to come out and be like, "Look, if it were up to me the Evo would be out on April 16, which is when it technically should be available, but I've got Chou all up in my grill about FCC blah blah blah..." And then I'd be like, "Yeah, okay. I'll just sit over here and chill. Thanks, Dan." And then we'd fist-bump, but he'd kinda mess it up and we'd end up man-hugging uncomfortably.

Journeyman

I like the nexus 1 but im gonna sit it out and wait for the EVO

Journeyman

Sprint apparently has promised software upgrades to Android phones, Windows Mobile 6 phones, and some others that can be upgraded and has not delivered on any of them, so why would you waste your time paying out the nose for an EVO only to be dead ended again? Buy a Nexus One and let Google take care of the software updates.  I think that's the route I'll go if I dont root my Moment first.

Journeyman

Sure, N1 will get software upgrades faster than EVO, but there's no such thing as hardware upgrades. So EVO comes out on top for now.

The only "X Factor" that remains for me, and I'm sure for a lot of other people (are you listening Sprint?!), will be the price breakdown between the two of these. IMO, both phones are similar enough that I'll happily take the N1 over the EVO if I end up saving more than $300 over a 2-year contract with the N1 over the EVO.

So needless to say, if they both end up costing the same over 2 years, the N1 will be stillborn.

And to add one more facet to this issue -- I'll be real anxious to see if Sprint ends up being as myopic as T-Mobile & AT&T was/is when it comes to purchasing more than one N1 for family situations. I'm still not real sure who this falls on more (the carrier or Google) but my understanding is that currently, if my wife & I were to want 2 N1s on a family plan with T-Mobile or AT&T, we would only get 1 of them at subsidized price and the other at full. That's a tough pill to swallow. Again, I'm not sure if that tone-deaf planning is the carrier's fault or Google's, but it's definitely not an optimal sales strategy if you're trying to move a product. It'd be great if Sprint could develop a fix for this issue pre-launch. (I can dream, right?)

Journeyman

for me, the only reason i prefer the nexus one over the EVO is that the EVO is way too big for me. I need a phone i can comfortably fit in my pocket. Front facing camera is nice, but i'll probably never video call someone since I have a laptop with me for that. Nexus has everything i would use practically, the EVO has a billion things that i'll never even use. But like you said Tartan 1515, if both phones cost aroudn the same amount of money, why not go with the evo. Why buy a Ford when you can get a Bentley for the same price???

Journeyman

Placing my Nexus One order today.  As soon as the provider can validate the order.  Sorry Sprint you lost another customer.

Journeyman

Placing my Nexus One order today.  As soon as the provider can validate the order.  Sorry Sprint you lost another customer.
Hopefully you got the ATT version. T-Mobile 3G blows.
Journeyman

Welp, thanks Sprint. Looks like the release date got pushed back to SUMMER (http://www.androidspin.com/2010/04/05/the-sprint-compatible-nexus-one-shooting-for-early-summer-rele...)

Seriously???? Are they TRYING to lose customers??? I have been waiting to upgrade my phone for almost a year now because I've been waiting for something worth upgrading from my Curve. Alas, no phones that come CLOSE to what the other carriers offer.

Only reason I haven't left is because my family still has a family plan and it's too cheap for me to leave... Get it together, Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

stewyd510 wrote:

Welp, thanks Sprint. Looks like the release date got pushed back to SUMMER (http://www.androidspin.com/2010/04/05/the-sprint-compatible-nexus-one-shooting-for-early-summer-rele...)

Seriously???? Are they TRYING to lose customers??? I have been waiting to upgrade my phone for almost a year now because I've been waiting for something worth upgrading from my Curve. Alas, no phones that come CLOSE to what the other carriers offer.

Only reason I haven't left is because my family still has a family plan and it's too cheap for me to leave... Get it together, Sprint.

I do not think they want to lose customers, but at this rate they will lose many over the next couple months with the N1 launching in other carriers and the HD2 to T-mobile.  I grew tired of the waiting, after many years I had to call it quits. 

I have come to realize that price is not everything in the mobile industry.  Customer servcie, device support and quality products make a successful company.  With that said, I have not experienced any of them with Sprint.  Saving money is also relative. I jepordized my happiness for price and was taken advantage of with Sprint.

AFDOC

Journeyman

Dont worry guys, I know 2 months feels like alot but the EVO will be out before JUNE 6...just hang in there its almost here...Im hanging on myself. Ive been hanging since December and finally only 2 or less more months to go.....I can feel it getting closer...EVO come to me EVO EVO come...

Journeyman

Wow this is amazing people are never ever happy!! We are getting two Of the most powerful  phones out there in like 2 months hell I have to pay full price for mine. cause I would have to wait till DEC and im not going to wait that long but I can sure wait 2 months cause I have been treated like a real person with Sprint. Go ahead and say bad things about customer care cause im not listing most of the people that talk down on them are because they don't get every last thing they want. Just wait and for $69 a month with everything is to good of a price to let go. and those that have left got no control skills. like a jessy james thing going on there. just chill hang out for a little then you can brag that you have the most Bad Azz  phone on mother earth. I know I'm getting the EVO and my 15 year old is getting the Nexus1 . I just have to pay straight up for mine. hey anybody want a hero cheep great like new I mean super clean new.. nahhhh im just kidding I already promised my buddy . Thank you Sprint for listing to your customers and taking care of me and my family each time we had a problem. I know not everything can be fixed or a issue cant always get solved in one call but I have nothing but gratitude for the way you talked and took care of me and my family.

Message was edited by: egnin1

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat