cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus One - Should Sprint get it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus One - Should Sprint get it?

Sprint should absolutely get the nexus one, especially as an unlocked phone. That would be wonderful and I'm sure it would bring more customers to sprint. A subsidized although I generally crippled in some way would also be good. It wouldn't change the fact that the phone is a 1ghz powerhouse and and one of the best phones to date. I've actually held off upgrading (was going to get the Hero). A friend tried talking me out of it, and I wasn't really sure until I compared the specs sided by side for both phones and that totally sold me. With out a doubt sprint should allow the Nexus One on their network preferably as an unlocked phone. 

Whether the phone is subsidized and locked down or you allow an unlocked version on the network, I am going to get this phone if and when it comes to sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i belive that sprint should get the nexus one if not the nexus one atleast a new android phone for more seclection

Highlighted
Journeyman

YES! Sprint needs to have the latest, best phones out there if they wish to compete and KEEP the most desirable users....the ones who pay $200+/mo, AND serve as an advice giver (or "influencer") to their friends about cell phones/providers.

Sprint really missed the boat on the iPhone. THAT would have secured market position for years and years.

Sprint needs to offer the Nexus One, and work on being the first to bring out new technology and devices. I'm tired of saying "Yeah, I have Sprint....they're aggressive price-wise, but don't have the best phones...."

My Samsung Moment is the worst phone I've EVER had with Sprint. (And I've been a high $ Sprint customer since Sprint was conceived as a long-distance provider, and then entered the cell arena with "NO CONTRACTS, EVER!" )

This Android skips into "MUTE" mode at least on every other call, unless I'm using BT or Speaker. (I hate to use either.) I've TRIED every Sprint fix....including having my proximity sensors checked out, trying an aftermarket program ("Call Caddy: fixed the mute issue, but crashes the phone every 10 minutes and limits functionality by having to go through a major ordeal to access the keypad if you get into a phone tree)

So now when my friends say "What do you think about cell phones, Shawn?" I tell them to go with the iPhone, even though it's with an inferior, monopolistic carrier. The provider is good, but if one's cell phone isn't up to par, then the provider doesn't matter. Additionally, with WiFi being available on most good phones now, the internet issues with each provider are minimized.

I'm going to iPhone (don't really care who offers it) if I don't have a better phone this month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I originally left Sprint for  the very first Iphone. As soon as I saw my sons 10 year old friends with Iphones, I knew it was time to bail. I went back to Sprint for the PRE, then the HERO now looking for a higher end device. I believe fall under the "influencer" category as well and really looking for something to keep me happy. May switch to T-MOB for the HD2, not really concerned with ETFs,  or subsidies just want a high end phone that will take me to the future. Not sure that Nexus One will be that phone...

Message was edited by: xmorrow

Highlighted
Journeyman

Absolutely! I've been waiting for an Android enabled phone on the Sprint Network ever since Google invented it. I waited patiently for about a year until Sprint came out with the two models they have now. I was hoping they would be adequate. Unfortunately, I tested them both and wasn't impressed. And when I asked the sales person to demo the phones, and asked about the main differences and highlights, the first thing he mentioned was the number of customizable screens and backgrounds. Seriously? What an insignificant feature! I don't care about my screen background... I want to know what the phone can DO. But this is typical of Sprint sales reps. They rarely have much real knowledge of the phones. I almost always go into a store knowing more than they do and I end up asking questions that they don't know how to answer. Case in point: for years I've asked if a phone was java enabled. I was told yes on 3 different occasions, got the phone and found out it wasn't. But I digress...

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and haven't switched because it seems like all plans are basically the same. And until the Android phones came out, there wasn't a good enough reason to switch. But I've waited long enough. If I can't get a Nexus One on Sprint's network, I'm going to switch all of my personal and business accounts to another carrier all together. I hope Sprint steps up and gets a Nexus on their network soon or I'm afraid they will lose a lot of customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes Sprint should be the first to get every new android that comes out.

Message was edited by: mamahnita

Highlighted

mamahnita wrote:

Yes Sprint should be the first to get every new android that comes out.

Message was edited by: mamahnita

Ahhh...the irony.  Sprint has a ton of users BEGGING for this company to get its hands on the Nexus One, and yet...despite Sprint being part of that consortium that Google and T-Mobile are a part of, it manages to be the LAST COMPANY to get the N1.  Hmmm.  So let's see.  T-Mobile gets the first Android OS phone [the MyTouch 3G] as well as the Nexus One.  AT&T (which is NOT part of that same consortium) gets the next version of the Nexus One.  Verizon gets the first CDMA version next week.  Sprint, unless your version comes with WiMAX, it will be too little too late since your Nexus One won't arrive until well into the summer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the g1 was the first android phone

Highlighted

ajac09 wrote:

the g1 was the first android phone

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

forget the nexus one, when is that hTC EVO 4G coming out??? hopefully soon before something else close to it comes out first!

Highlighted
Journeyman

zjb2000 wrote:

forget the nexus one, when is that hTC EVO 4G coming out??? hopefully soon before something else close to it comes out first!

For the Evo, click the "Tell me when it's out" button here and get an email notification:

http://now.sprint.com/evo/

(Tell your friends.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Absolutely! Sprint needs to stay in line with all the other carriers. I have been with Sprint for along time now, and have purchased many phones, trying to stay with "The Best". It always seems that Sprints best is second to all others.... Iphone, Nexus One, etc. etc.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat