cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus One

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus One

The Nexus One will work on AT&T, just at Edge speeds.  I've read many reports that the Nexus One  on AT&T at Edge speeds is faster than the iPhone 3gs.  This my be because of the processor and the added ram.

Highlighted
Wizard

So, is it everyone's understanding that the Nexus One's "voice-in-any-text-box" capabilities should be on our Heroes when they get the 2.1?

If yes, that would be absolutely sweet.  I am leaning on yes, since it is an OS feature.  That's pretty huge if you think about it, total voice control that reportedly "learns" the more you use it.

Highlighted
Wizard

thank you, bendispo.  good points.  i did try out the hero and liked it (along with sprint's other android phone, the moment), but as individuals they were not worth it for me to upgrade.  the nexus one definitely combined the best of the android phones for me (don't care for the slide out keyboard), plus with the hardware it's a perfect phone to grow with for the next 2 years or even longer.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

FWIW as I understand GSM networks, the 'unlocked' and T-Mo versions use a set of radio frequencies that are compatible with high speed data around the world; ATT uses a different set of frequencies and would only be usable in the US.  So, by making it 'world compatible' they're setting themeselves up for easy portability to the rest of the world.

I could be wrong...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Patron

thats right on the money bendispo i couldnt have said that any better if only sprint and nextel truely merged together and made a phone like the nexus one with a chirp o my god but the future is the future and i say the nexus one is it and i hope sprint get it

Message was edited by: djtimex

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Patron

thank you goygacon now alll i need to know if this phone will come to sprint or do i have to switch or is sprint gonna step it up to a better or capatible phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Correct and incorrect...

AT&T 3G frequencies share with their 2G in the 850 and 1900Mhz area. For AT&T, Uplink and Downlink are within the same frequency being 850 or 1900 but rarely if at all both at the same time.

T-Mobile 3G frequencies are 100% dedicated and separate from 2G (1900) to the tune of 1700/2100 each uplink and downlink use one frequency. Because the T-Mobile frequencies overlap closest to world frequencies they do not advertise as such, and only advertise it as 1700 rather then 1700/2100.

World 3G (Outside North and South America) is 1900/2100 standard uplink and downlink both using separate frequencies. It is marketed as 2100Mhz Recently 900 and 1800 the standard 2G frequencies outside the USA, Canada and most of South America have come to play in the 3G market as well.

So, if you have a T-Mobile phone, as long as it has T-Mobile 1700, World 2100 it will work overseas

If you have an AT&T phone, as long as it has AT&T 850/1900 and World 2100 it will work overseas.

Generally 3G phones market only one frequency for 3G, but infact have the respecting complimentary frequency for uplink/downlink.

Sprint and Verizon CDMA EVDO runs like AT&T, recycling the 2G frequencies for 3G as well.

Highlighted
Master

It doesn't appear that Sprint will subsidize the Nexus One. Consumers who want to use a Nexus One will pay the full price of $529.
http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=102007ORT1ZI&full_skip=1

Highlighted
Journeyman

nobody in the us is going to buy it on sprint or ATT if its unsubsidised so lets hope that's NOT the case for Sprint. We all know that ATT doesn't want to much competition for their beloved iphone but sprint doesn't have that problem so lets hope that is NOT the case. I'm NOT and don't know of anyone else that will spend $530 on this phone.

According to a more reliable source that is NOT the case:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/191844/nexus_one_heads_to_sprint.html/

The Nexus One on Sprint

Sprint also announced on Wednesday that it will start selling the Google Nexus One, though no exact availability timeframe or prices have been mentioned. Sprint suggested it would use a similar pricing scheme for the Nexus One on T-Mobile.

Sprint hinted at its $70 per month Any Mobile, Anytime plan, which includes unlimited texts, data and voice. This two- year contract that could be applied to an unlocked Nexus One, though nothing is set in stone so far.

Message was edited by: dkotoric1

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint does this right, the Nexus One will be that phone that the Palm Pre should have been had they not botched up the user experience and their app store.

I'm especially pleased, since the Nexus One is the only phone to date that's been able to beat out the Iphone in CNET's Prizefight show, when every phone from the Instinct, to the Droid, to the Pre went down.  Having a CDMA version of what is arguably the best phone on the market is very exciting.

I don't see how Sprint could possibly offer the phone without a subsidized price option.  If I was a new customer, willing to go to either Sprint or T-Mobile, the subsidized option would seal the deal every time, since Sprint's network blow's T-Mobile's out of the water, and the monthly pricing is definitely better, too.  A subsidized T-Mobile device versus a full-priced "Sprint" device (which could theoretically be taken to Verizon), would be a total deal breaker.  I'm going to have to pay for service somewhere, anyway.

Android is the fast growing mobile OS, and Sprint needs to pull and all-out campaign pushing the Nexus One once it's available to them.  They need to let people know that we care about having the newest and hottest devices on the market, and that is something that Sprint has been lacking for quite some time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I highly doubt we will see any advertisement for the Nexus One. The Supersonic will be sprints flagship device so I expect everything around that and can't really blame them as that will be the first 4g phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat