cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G MMS mode?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Nexus S 4G MMS mode?

I bought a Nexus S 4G and I am wondering where to find the settings for MMS mode? I can send MMS pictures with no problem but I can't send MMS videos. The files are too large. On my previous phone (blackberry) there was a setting that allowed you to set the video camera to MMS mode that would restrict video file size to what was able to be sent. Does anyone know how to do this on the Nexus S 4G???  Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES
Sprint Employee

Re: Nexus S 4G MMS mode?

In most Android phones, while the camera is open you may press menu, select settingsand change the Video quality to MMS (176*144 pixels) Let me know if you see this  or a similar setting.

Journeyman

With the "camera" open, there are options for both picture size and picture quality. With the "video camera" open the only options available are for color effect. (ie: sepia, b/w, etc...) Still no luck on chnaging the video setting size.

Sprint Employee

While in video mode I see five settings across the right, the fourth down is to change video quality and length. the third option there is MMS (low res, 30s). I'm using a Nexus S with GWK74.

Journeyman

Try the market and find a camera app you like. Dont know if it will work but worth a try. Good luck

Journeyman

If it were a snake it would have bit me!!! It's exactly where you said RC1024.  For future readers looking for the same info... it's not "inside" the settings. It's a seperate option on the main view screen (lateral with the settings icon).  Thank you everyone for your input!!! 

Journeyman

im guessing this is gone with jellybean?

Wizard

hellcatt,

It appears as though the option has been moved to the MMS application itself.  To compose a video small enough to send via MMS, perform the following steps.

1.  Compose a message

2.  Tap on the attachment icon on the far right

3.  Select Capture video and record the video you'd like to send

This will ensure that the side of the video is within the MMS parameters. I hope this helps.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.