cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G Speakerphone Echo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please sound off if you are also experiencing callers complaining of echoing when you are speaking to them on speakerphone with the Nexus S 4G.  I am hearing more and more of it, I can only assume it is a mass issue.

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

I am also having this problem.

Journeyman

I just was approved for a new nexus S 4g replacement. Tested and having the same echo issue with speakerphone.. it is a phone defect.

Journeyman

What good is a replacement.  They have a known issue.  My friend and I both purchased Nexus S phones and both have the same issue.  Is this a known issue with the Tmobile version?  What to do???????  Sprint are you watching this???? Help Help Help.  I finally got a phone that I like and I have a huge issue!!!

Journeyman

Same issue over here.

Journeyman

Please check with @sprintcare.  thanks,

Wizard

randomshocker wrote:

I just was approved for a new nexus S 4g replacement. Tested and having the same echo issue with speakerphone.. it is a phone defect.

Hi, sorry you’re experiencing these issues with your device. I am sending you a pm.

Thanks,

----George

Wizard

ANDREW77777 wrote:

I am also having this problem.

Hi, have you gotten a chance to bring your device by a local service and repair location to have a tech take a look at the phone. If you haven't you can visit www.sprint.com/storelocator to make an appointment to see a tech. Also if you purchased the device from sprint and are within 30 days you can exchange the device. Please view 30 day policy here: http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?INTNAV=ATG:FT:30Day.

Thanks,

----George

Wizard

mlvsport wrote:

Same issue over here.

Hi, I am sorry you are having issues with your phone. If you haven't done so already please visit: www.sprint.com/storelocator to make an appointment to see a tech and view 30 day exchange policy here: http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?INTNAV=ATG:FT:30Day.

Thank you,

---George

Journeyman

Interesting note.  If you take the backing of the phone off, no echo with Speakerphone.  I'm no hardware guru or scientist, but is sounds like the 2 holes in the back of the phone aren't letting the sound totally exit the phone, causing the voice to echo/vibrate in the phone.  Just a guess, but removing the back does seem to fix it.. not a viable fix for me.

Journeyman

I just returned my Nexus S 4G due the speakerphone echo issue.  Very disappointing as the phone was otherwise a touchdown.  Hard to imagine this issue was not vetted by Samsung prior to release. If a fix is found or if this is not a mass problem, I would re-purchase this device. 

Wizard

Seeing the large number of posts on this topic prompted me to test this issue on my Nexus S. I was not able to replicate this issue. We tested it a couple different ways with the volume turned up to the maximum to no avail. If this is a widespread issue it's not affecting all of them. Pretty much any cell phone on speaker phone causes an echo, some more than others. Other than having a technitian troubleshoot the device in the store as SprintCares suggested, you may have some success lowering your speaker phone volume a bit.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat