Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G Speakerphone Echo

Journeyman

I totally agree.

Journeyman

Strange,from reading all the posts about the issue you are one of the lucky ones without this issue. My pos hero never echoed. Either way, love the phone overall. This is just a annoyance. As mentioned earlier, brought it into sprint tech, they acknowledged the issue with my phone and gave me a new one. Same issue is being experienced.

Journeyman

I took my phone back to Sprint, they tested the issue, and gave me a replacement. With the replacement the issue is still there about half the time. Speakerphone is fine for the first few minutes of a call and then it goes back to echoing. The Sprint tech said he thinks this is a software issue. Anyways, I've started using my Bluetooth headset for handsfree phone use and it's working out.

Journeyman

im not convinced it is a software issue.

it does NOT occur if you take the battery cover off.

i am going to get the phone replaced today just incase it is not widespread, but it is really disappointing that such a great phone could have such a big issue that will im sure turn a lot of folks away from it.  if i had seen these posts before i bought the phone i would have gone for the evo 4g.

hoping someone finds a resolution to this....i love the phone otherwise.

Journeyman

This phone has too many issues. Signal issues. Volume issues. Now speakerphone.  I use the speaker phone a lot.  I'll be returning the phone this week.  Good luck everyone.

Journeyman

mine echos as well.  just waiting for all the bugs to get worked out, so I can enjoy the phone more.  I do like it very much.

Journeyman

i am not experiencing this issue either.....guess i may be one of the lucky few

Journeyman

Hello, I have not received a PM as of yet, should I still be expecting one?

Journeyman

Yep, same. There is a severe Echo for the other person on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus S 4G Speakerphone Echo

I have the same issue with my new Nexus S. I made several efforts to resolve this issue with sprint but nothing helped.

First I went to the store where I bought the phone, after about 10 days of the purchase. The store rep told me ....he doesn't believe there is an issue. I tested right at the store by calling my friend to confirm the issue. The rep told he doesn’t believe there is an issue and customer often lie to get phone replaced....that was shocking to me. Anyways, I went to repair center. Repair center confirmed the Echo issue with my phone. Then they said this would be an issue with every phone. So I asked them to test other phones. They tested and guess what no echo. So after repair center confirmed there is an issue with phone I went back to sprint store. After reluctance they finally replaced with another Nexus S. This new Nexus S has the same issue. I asked store rep to give me any other phone but Nexus S. Rep said sale is final, and I have no choice and I am stuck with this phone for next two years!!

I use speaker phone quite often for business and I can tell you that my customer tell me to not use speaker phone as that is very disturbing.

Annoyed aenough.... I called sprint ON SPEAKER PHONE so that they can listen to the crap. First sprint rep said they can not do anything ...so I asked for manager. Manager said that he is hearing such an issue first time with this phone. If I would have found this thread before I could have referred him to this. Manager also did not offer any help.

Anyways, I wanted to share my experience not sure if any thing can be done now. I have no interest in going back to the store or repair center. I have spent hours there waiting to get serviced.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat