ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G Speakerphone Echo

Journeyman

Please sound off if you are also experiencing callers complaining of echoing when you are speaking to them on speakerphone with the Nexus S 4G.  I am hearing more and more of it, I can only assume it is a mass issue.

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

I am also having this problem.

Journeyman

I just was approved for a new nexus S 4g replacement. Tested and having the same echo issue with speakerphone.. it is a phone defect.

Journeyman

What good is a replacement.  They have a known issue.  My friend and I both purchased Nexus S phones and both have the same issue.  Is this a known issue with the Tmobile version?  What to do???????  Sprint are you watching this???? Help Help Help.  I finally got a phone that I like and I have a huge issue!!!

Journeyman

Same issue over here.

Journeyman

Please check with @sprintcare.  thanks,

Wizard

randomshocker wrote:

I just was approved for a new nexus S 4g replacement. Tested and having the same echo issue with speakerphone.. it is a phone defect.

Hi, sorry you’re experiencing these issues with your device. I am sending you a pm.

Thanks,

----George

Wizard

ANDREW77777 wrote:

I am also having this problem.

Hi, have you gotten a chance to bring your device by a local service and repair location to have a tech take a look at the phone. If you haven't you can visit www.sprint.com/storelocator to make an appointment to see a tech. Also if you purchased the device from sprint and are within 30 days you can exchange the device. Please view 30 day policy here: http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?INTNAV=ATG:FT:30Day.

Thanks,

----George

Wizard

mlvsport wrote:

Same issue over here.

Hi, I am sorry you are having issues with your phone. If you haven't done so already please visit: www.sprint.com/storelocator to make an appointment to see a tech and view 30 day exchange policy here: http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?INTNAV=ATG:FT:30Day.

Thank you,

---George

Journeyman

Interesting note.  If you take the backing of the phone off, no echo with Speakerphone.  I'm no hardware guru or scientist, but is sounds like the 2 holes in the back of the phone aren't letting the sound totally exit the phone, causing the voice to echo/vibrate in the phone.  Just a guess, but removing the back does seem to fix it.. not a viable fix for me.

Journeyman

I just returned my Nexus S 4G due the speakerphone echo issue.  Very disappointing as the phone was otherwise a touchdown.  Hard to imagine this issue was not vetted by Samsung prior to release. If a fix is found or if this is not a mass problem, I would re-purchase this device. 

Wizard

Seeing the large number of posts on this topic prompted me to test this issue on my Nexus S. I was not able to replicate this issue. We tested it a couple different ways with the volume turned up to the maximum to no avail. If this is a widespread issue it's not affecting all of them. Pretty much any cell phone on speaker phone causes an echo, some more than others. Other than having a technitian troubleshoot the device in the store as SprintCares suggested, you may have some success lowering your speaker phone volume a bit.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat