Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G is not connecting to Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I just purchased this device on Sunday and I am having trouble connecting it to the Airave. Anybody else having this problem? It connects sometimes, but most of the time it's not connected. There is nothing wrong with Airave because my other phone (Evo 4G) is connected to it and works fine. I used to have similar issues with my Evo for 5+ months, but Airave recently had a firmware update and it solved my troubles with the Evo. Now I am having issues with my Nexus. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I have the Samsung Airvana Airave and my Nexus connects to it just fine. I've not encountered any problems thus far with sending or receiving calls, sms/mms, etc. I've not yet switched to Google Voice as I understand there are some issues with receiving calls if connected to the Airave (Airvana).

Journeyman

I am also having this issue. Is there a solution?

Journeyman

No help from them. Airvana technical support told me to wait till there is a  firmware update, which could take up to 3-4 months. No point in waiting that  long. Just gonna return it.

Journeyman

Umm...do you have the Samsung or Airvana Airvave? That's two different units.  I am using Airvana, and it's not working at all.

Journeyman

I have the Airvana which supports 3g data. I had my Airave, the older one, replaced with this one and it works perfectly. One Nexus and 4 Optimus.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat