cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4G misses some text messages

Journeyman

Nexus S 4G misses some text messages

I noticed that ever since the Android 4.0 update my SMS conversations would abbruptly end. At first I simply thought people don't like talking to me. But I realised I am an amazing person and that couldn't have been the case. All joking aside, I shrugged off that problem. On an entirely unrelated note: I connected Google Voice to my Sprint phone and use my Sprint number still, which I enjoy for voicemails, but Google Voice allows me to answer texts as well.

I eventually noticed that Google Voice was picking up messages from people that my phone itself was not! I even waited 10, 15 minutes for my phone to get the texts that Google Voice received, with no luck. This happens daily to me and I have to check Google Voice very often to make sure I haven't missed any text messages. I don't think my phone missed messages on Android 2.3, but I only noticed that I was when I connected my account to Google Voice.

So Sprint, now that the Android 4.1 update has been announced for the Nexus S, now would be a great time to fix the mobile radios to fix this problem. Is anyone else having this issue? Can a Sprint representative forward this to the tech guys? Thank you (:

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Nexus S 4G misses some text messages

Same issue. I would use Voice as my main messaging app as well, but it doesn't pull in Multi Media.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat